well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DeSantis poll numbers falling

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis poll numbers falling
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis' approval rating tumbled to 43.7 percent in a new poll published on Wednesday, as the state grapples with a surge in cases of COVID driven by the highly transmissible Delta variant.

The survey from St. Pete Polls was conducted on August 2-3 and it shows the Republican governor losing re-election in a hypothetical matchup with Representative Charlie Crist, a Democrat who represents Florida's 13th congressional district.

quote:
That’s a big step up for Crist who, in previous polls, was trailing DeSantis by as much as double digits.

https://floridapolitics.com/ar...amid-covid-19-surge/

If you look at the poll itself, respondents favored a mask mandate in schools; support was over 60% of people polled.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
School starts, COVID rages: DeSantis stakes political future on mask controversy

https://www.tcpalm.com/story/o...-opinion/5534987001/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
What a choice ... Crist vs. DeSantis.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
There are different circles of hell.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
As the grandmother of two Florida schoolchildren, I will delight in watching DeSantis get what's coming to him.

It will happen, because everything Trump touches dies.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
As the grandmother of two Florida schoolchildren, I will delight in watching DeSantis get what's coming to him.

It will happen, because everything Trump touches dies.

I hope you are right. I have a daughter in med school in Miami.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I forgot she was there. Is she working in the hospitals?

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Gov. Newsome’s numbers aren’t real hot either, and he may lose the recall. He’s no Moonbeam, that’s for sure.

That said, he’s the first Gov. to require that all teachers get vaccinated or face weekly tests for Covid. I’d prefer daily tests myself, paid for by the teacher, but it’s a start.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I can't believe Crist is still around.

It's been since 2000 that Florida has become a monolith of stupidity.

It was a lot more equally balanced politically when I grew up there.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post