well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    11 years sounds about right

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

11 years sounds about right
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Elizabeth Holmes is about to do some hard time. Eleven years.

She’s a great person, though. She is pregnant with her second child, who will face the first 10 years of its life being shuttled to see mommy now and then. Mother of the year.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Maybe that will help the child absorb fewer of Mom's toxins

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Why do I feel like she has gotten pregnant (twice?!!) to try to avoid that longer sentence? Jesus.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
Why do I feel like she has gotten pregnant (twice?!!) to try to avoid that longer sentence? Jesus.

I confess that was my first thought.

But, on the other hand, she's getting close to the now-or-never age, and if you think jail time is in your nearish future, you'd want to accelerate that.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I guess my thought would be how incredibly selfish of me to deprive my children of their mother when I might be facing a long jail sentence. But I guess based on what she did - she isn’t the kind of person who worries about being selfish.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20459 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
True, that.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post