well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    They are asking not so sick people not to get tested.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They are asking not so sick people not to get tested.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Yikes.

https://mtstandard.com/news/lo...87-30658e2e8cbe.html

The Butte-Silver Bow Health Department on Wednesday issued a new request to the community: Even with mild COVID-19 symptoms, don’t get tested. Stay home.

The health department asked those in close contact with the mildly symptomatic to stay home, too.

“The paradigm has shifted in our community,” Butte-Silver Bow Health Officer Karen Sullivan said. “It’s come to a point where we’re telling the community that the infrastructure we’ve built is not capable of handling what we need to do in regard to testing. Hopefully this is a wake-up call to the community.”

The request comes as the Southwest Montana Community Health Center, responsible for testing in the county, faces a staff shortage after 20 staff members tested positive over the last week.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20398 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Around here they've been asking people not to get tested just so they can have holidays together. The lines for testing are unreal.

Yours is way scarier though.

And in Minnesota...

quote:
More than 900 Mayo Clinic staff in Minnesota and Wisconsin have contracted COVID-19 in the past two weeks.

According to Dr. Amy Williams, Executive Dean for Practice at Mayo, 93% of the cases are due to community spread. The other 7% are getting the virus at work, but not from the patients. Instead, staff contract it when they “let their guard down” in the break room or the cafeteria when they eat or take off their mask.

As a result of COVID cases and quarantines, the Mayo health system is experiencing a staff shortage of 1,500 people. This impacts sites in Rochester in addition to locations in greater Minnesota and Wisconsin.

Since the beginning of the pandemic, 2,981 Mayo employees have been diagnosed with the disease. The 905 additional cases in the past two weeks make up 30% of the total.

“There are three things you need to take care of any patient, but especially a patient with COVID-19 because they need very specialized care. You need space, supplies, and staff,” said Williams. “What we are worried about is staff, because we see our staff being exposed and getting COVID-19, mostly in the community.”

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com...-covid-in-two-weeks/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yikes Eeker !

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34795 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
That seems to be the real temptation now... Something like "I've been safe and I believe you've been safe so we can just hang out for a while..." Such a recipe for disaster!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I was planning to get tested a few days before heading west in December, just to be sure, and to have a document for anyone in NM who wants to keep me cooped up for 14 days. The test scarcity might derail that plan.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
That seems to be the real temptation now... Something like "I've been safe and I believe you've been safe so we can just hang out for a while..." Such a recipe for disaster!

No kidding.

Arne Duncan (former Secretary of Education under Obama) and his entire family got COVID recently. He tweeted this a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/arneduncan.../1328050018004193280

As careful as I am, it was a real jolt to read that. It's *waaaay* easier to catch this than you might think.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37651 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Time for better masks if you are concerned! Notice the fit - if you feel you are breathing AROUND the mask, rather than through it, the material can't filter. While I am heartened by near-universal mask-wearing in the city, (even outside) the fit on so many people is obviously sloppy.

Initially, PPE were in such short supply that it was recommended that everyone make cloth substitutes. Now it is pretty easy to find level 3 surgical masks or KN95 of a few styles to find the one that fits your face the best. It took some tries, but I was able to find ones that work with glasses.

My go-to supplier through the pandemic has been primo dental online.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7540 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Shortly after getting my flu shot, I got some sniffles and congestion - thought it best to get a test - but alas - even with "symptoms" - was asked if I had contact with someone with Covid - and refused a test. I probably could have found a place - after trying 6 locations - but I gave up trying.

Posts: 9592 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Did the sniffles go away?

You probably had it ... Wink

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I was planning to get tested a few days before heading west in December, just to be sure, and to have a document for anyone in NM who wants to keep me cooped up for 14 days. The test scarcity might derail that plan.

Have been through New Mexico twice since August. Stayed at a La Quinta in Albuquerque. No quarantine was mentioned.
Stayed in Taos and Truth or Consequences in October going south.
There were plexiglass shields and masks on everyone at the Old Pueblo Inn in Taos. Check in was online only.
Restrictions were only mentioned at the Comfort Inn in Truth or Consequences. We were told that once we checked in we could not leave the room. I walked the dog. We had a pizza delivered.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25656 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just saw on the local news that a grocery store chain is offering a 15 minute antibody test for $25.

https://wgntv.com/news/coronav...id-antibody-testing/

FAQs at Mariano's:

https://www.marianos.com/health/pharmacy/covid-care

Bazootiehead-in-training

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, North Dakota is likely to get to herd immunity before any vaccine is available ...

Contact Tracers have given up

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

No kidding.

Arne Duncan (former Secretary of Education under Obama) and his entire family got COVID recently. He tweeted this a few days ago:

https://twitter.com/arneduncan.../1328050018004193280

As careful as I am, it was a real jolt to read that. It's *waaaay* easier to catch this than you might think.

Holy he!!.

I've been inside Trader Joe's a couple of times, Target a couple of times, both during early morning "senior" hours, and now I wonder if even that is too much contact with the world.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post