well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Apple's COVID-19 screening tool

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple's COVID-19 screening tool
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I thought it was supposed to be Google, but whatever.

quote:
There’s no shortage of tech companies willing to help fight the current Covid-19 pandemic. Intel recently set aside $6 million for relief efforts. Google is committing $50 million to relief efforts. Telecoms are waiving data overage and late fees. Among them are companies like Apple that have developed Covid-19 screening tools that anyone can use from home, as long as they have an internet connection.

The tool, which Apple developed in partnership with the CDC, The White House, and FEMA, asks you to answer a series of simple questions about possible symptoms, travel, and anyone you may have come into physical contact with recently. More specifically, it asks you about symptoms that have been associated with Covid-19 like a sore throat, vomiting, and fever, and if you currently suffer from any chronic health conditions like asthma, cirrhosis of the liver, and pregnancy. (Yes, pregnancy is listed as a health condition.)

Article: https://gizmodo.com/apple-made...ning-tool-1842527669

Apple's tool: https://www.apple.com/covid19

edit: It seems to be a very well designed tool. Comes up with what you should do based on a series of questions. I made up answers for a fictitious person just to see how it flowed.

I'm pretty impressed.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37932 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's not a scientific test. Frankly, I could get (and have) the same type of questionaire from my state's health department.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post