well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Anyone need to buy a good new piano in a hurry?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone need to buy a good new piano in a hurry?
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted
Got this email from Faust Harrison Pianos. They do great prep on their instruments.

For the first time ever, Faust Harrison Pianos, New York's premier piano dealership, is offering an unprecedented sale event celebrating our 10th anniversary with Yamaha pianos.

All brand new Yamaha pianos will be offered at "friends and family" pricing which is far lower than at college or theater "sale events" selling used and new pianos, or you can choose free financing for two years. Our pianos are better prepared, our prices are lower, and our 100% trade-up policy on all pianos is unsurpassed. We're conveniently located at four New York area locations, and if you need us in the future, we're always here!

Please visit us TODAY through SUNDAY for this event, and you'll have a selection of not only Yamaha pianos, but many of the finest pianos in the world including our premium Steinways, Faziolis, Bechsteins and Bosendorfers. We look forward to seeing you.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Faust Harrison Pianos.

Oh wow, I wish I were close enough to pay a visit.

I would love to have the chance to play a Fazioli and Bosendorfer, and compare those to a new Yamaha grand, among others, all in the same store.

I know it's probably heresy to say this, but I really loved the Boston grands I played during my search (one used and several new in varying lengths). It would be neat to see how I reacted to these very high-end instruments in comparison to those pianos.

Also, I think I wrote on here about my experience playing a brand new Steinway M that I absolutely fell in love with, which left me heartbroken! Ole Considering that, too, I'd love to be able to play some of these other pianos which are just not available around here.

Swoon!

Keyboard Jam

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18312 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Yes, SK, it's like a candy store in there. But you do have your new piano, and I confess I need to go back to that thread, which I haven't read.

I'm tempted to go to Faust over the next few days just to see what their Yamaha prices are. Yamaha's top-tier models are really something.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13777 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm tempted to go to Faust over the next few days just to see what their Yamaha prices are. Yamaha's top-tier models are really something.

If you do, please report back!! Everyone's talking about how Yamaha has changed it's hammers (and voicing or prep??) with the result that they are no longer as bright as they used to be. So I'm super curious about that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18312 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post