well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Legal Prostitution

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legal Prostitution
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
New Zealand and New South Wales.
Perspectives I have not read about before.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I can see her point about working at home. If there is too much of a restriction of locale then the landlord captures too much of the value, in extreme cases bordering on exploitation.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
A freelance accountant or computer programmer or graphics designer working from home is not controversial in one can do so without the neighbor noticing anything different.

If you have to receive many clients/customers into your “home office,” it gets trickier.

Imagine a piano teacher teaching from home next door to you with students and their parents streaming in and out all day. You the neighbor essentially see lots of “strangers” visiting day in and day out. Ditto a tax accountant or lawyer “working from home” receiving clients day in and day out. Not all neighbors/neighborhoods are willing to accept that.

Then we get into zoning. I’d call it fair and a win if legalized sex work is zoned the same way as music teachers and accountants and lawyers who have to receive comparable volume of visiting clients.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Would the sex workers be less safe in their homes than in the rented facilities?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Would the sex workers be less safe in their homes than in the rented facilities?

Without endorsing the argument, the argument goes like this: the rented facilities are in a central location that is easier to monitor and patrol.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post