well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    And tonight's dinner is....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And tonight's dinner is....
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That sounds delicious. Since you’re not boiling the corned beef, is there less shrinkage?

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I thought there was quite a bit less shrinkage. And the meat is more like the corned beef you get in a good deli; it stays together and slices well, even when it is warm.

I would cut the time on the veggies to 4 minutes. The spuds I had were small creamer size, and the carrots were sort of medium (not giants). The Brussels sprouts were also medium sized and they were cooked a bit more than I like them. But all the veggies were very flavorful, I think because they cook in a cup of the liquid that's saved from cooking the corned beef.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Amanda, have you gotten your vaccination?

Yes, thank heaven!! Both of them (and I had absolutely no discomfort - or itching - from the second).

I suppose I could fly to see him (although flying - most transportation - is hard for me now). We HAD wanted for all three of us to get together at the same time, though, and besides he's swamped with work now.

Visiting me would allow him to work around his job responsibilities (which he has to fulfill at his tiny home). He's even putting his little Corgi in day care lately pretty often in order to work more efficiently.

He's more concerned about meeting those expectations than the cost of his ticket.

Thanks for inquiring!

(And about that recipe... ? Yummy Smiler )

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Link to the recipe (actually a link to Steve's post in the Instant Pot thread) is a few posts back in this thread....before AM's post.....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post