well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    And tonight's dinner is....
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And tonight's dinner is....
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
.....turkey, stuffing and gravy.....

I bought an extra turkey at Thanksgiving and had the broth base I make gravy from in the freezer. I figured I needed to get that stuff used up, so I deconstructed the bird yesterday, brined it overnight, made stuffing and gravy this afternoon and roasted the bird. We just finished eating.

I'll be looking for creative ways to use up all that leftover turkey.....

Tomorrow's project: Turkey soup!

Tomorrow's lunch: Turkey sandwiches!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37749 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yum!

What did you think of the Corned beef last night?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34827 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I didn't end up making the corned beef yesterday. Neither of us had much of an appetite. We figured that it could hold for a few days; it's vacuum sealed in its package.

I'll definitely post my results, probably Sunday or Monday. After we get through some of the turkey leftovers.... Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37749 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Having leftover chicken cacciatore. Made it in the Instant Pot two days ago.
Will go on a bed of quinoa and brown rice from a 90 second rice packet.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25674 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I made this the other night. Highly recommend.

https://www.bonappetit.com/rec...-sambal-pork-noodles

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13520 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
One time when we had a lot left over from T-giving Mr. SK made turkey curry, and another time, tandoori turkey. Both were excellent. Just use lots of dark meat!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18310 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Yum!

Best. Corned. Beef. Ever.

Really and truly. Meat was tender and juicy without being boiled, like all the other recipes I've tried in the past. I used a bottle of Peroni, because that's the only beer I had in the house. Heresy for St Patty's Day, but it worked really well. Don't know that I would have liked a stout instead (and I drink Guinness, so that's saying something).

I had a 4 pound brisket and cooked it for 90 minutes. Did small potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts for five minutes; they were delicious but maybe a tad overdone. I might try 3 or 4 minutes next time.

Can't wait to have corned beef and Swiss cheese sandwiches on Rosen's rye (with seeds!) for lunch tomorrow.

Yummy

Great recipe, Steve. Thanks for sharing it.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m glad you liked it!

Posts: 34827 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I hope Raffi is partaking of the leftover turkey.

Posts: 45723 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Why yes he is!

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Not mice, or spiders, or cicadas.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17669 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Yum!

Really and truly. Meat was tender and juicy without being boiled, like all the other recipes I've tried in the past. I used a bottle of Peroni, because that's the only beer I had in the house. Heresy for St Patty's Day, but it worked really well. Don't know that I would have liked a stout instead (and I drink Guinness, so that's saying something).

I had a 4 pound brisket and cooked it for 90 minutes. Did small potatoes, carrots, and brussels sprouts for five minutes; they were delicious but maybe a tad overdone. I might try 3 or 4 minutes next time.

Can't wait to have corned beef and Swiss cheese sandwiches on Rosen's rye (with seeds!) for lunch tomorrow.

Yummy

That sounds good for Passover, but...
I'm sure it depends for superbness on using an Insta Pot or other (large counter footprint) gadget I'm resisting getting*. I just can't rationalize getting something only to use it once or twice a year.

Less, far less, this last year+ in fact. Thanks t o COVID I haven't seen my sons in 15 months so far and still going strong.

(Now we have another problem with CA son - he wants to introduce his new Corgi to me, and airlines aren't flying dogs for the indefinite future. Looks like another Zoom Seder! Frowner )

*Could someone please let me know the recipe to satisfy my morbid curiosity?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to fly to see your son?

Airline fares are crazy cheap right now. Round trip - Cleveland and back from LA is like $100 and SFO is a wonderful city to visit.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Amanda, have you gotten your vaccination?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Yum!

Yummy

That sounds good for Passover, but...
I'm sure it depends for superbness on using an Insta Pot or other (large counter footprint) gadget I'm resisting getting*. I just can't rationalize getting something only to use it once or twice a year.

Less, far less, this last year+ in fact. Thanks t o COVID I haven't seen my sons in 15 months so far and still going strong.

(Now we have another problem with CA son - he wants to introduce his new Corgi to me, and airlines aren't flying dogs for the indefinite future. Looks like another Zoom Seder! Frowner )

*Could someone please let me know the recipe to satisfy my morbid curiosity?

Steve posted a link to the recipe in the WTF Instant Pot thread:

http://well-temperedforum.grou...483976597#6483976597

Bazootiehead-in-training