well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    If Cops Want to Defund Themselves ...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If Cops Want to Defund Themselves ...
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted
Let Them!

quote:
Around the country, police officers are threatening to quit if subject to a coronavirus vaccine mandate. And you know what? Good riddance.
This is a useful opportunity to clear law enforcement ranks of their worst, most selfish and least-public-spirit-minded officers.

quote:
Culling the rotten apples before they “spoil the bunch” — or kill unarmed teenagers — is challenging. That’s partly because police unions, whatever their other merits, have a long history of helping to conceal misconduct and other abuses of power by their members, and shielding officers from consequences when they’re caught crossing the line. It’s also partly because it’s genuinely hard to tell in advance which cops applied for the right reasons and are temperamentally suited to the work, regardless of what training they receive or what weapons they’re supplied with.

Many officers go through some sort of psychological screening before joining the force, but that’s clearly not sufficient. Now, unexpectedly, we may have stumbled upon exactly the kind of litmus test that could prove useful.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like this idea very much.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Last year as Covid infected so many of the Chicago police force, I was surprised to learn that there was still significant vaccine hesitancy among people that work as police and firefighters...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yes, good riddance

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post