well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Teachers shot with plastic pellets

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teachers shot with plastic pellets
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Words fail:

'It hurt so bad'

quote:
Now, these teachers and the state’s largest teachers union want to stop this from happening in other Hoosier schools. The Indiana State Teachers Association is lobbying lawmakers to add language prohibiting teachers from being shot with any sort of ammunition to a school safety bill working its way through the Statehouse.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Makes me sick...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7555 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I would sue the bastards.

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
I would sue the bastards.

Yes

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25705 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Hard to imagine anyone who sued losing in court. This was done without warning and without permission. On the other hand, hard to imagine any of them suing unless they were on the way out of the school system anyway. Fear of retaliation from school officials likely would keep 'em in line.

Posts: 12536 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Can't read beyond a couple sentences without answering questions and signing up.

Nope

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
If there was ever a good argument for a strong teachers union, this is it.

There is no way California teachers would tolerate this.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34965 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post