well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Athlete A

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Athlete A
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
New Netflix documentary about the US Gymnastics child sexual abuse scandal. Very good.

Still not sure why a whole lot of people who knew about this and did nothing are walking around free.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Stories of coaches and abuse always remind me of a man in Moab who married a woman with two daughters.
He was widely known to abuse young women.
When the girls complained to their mother that he had sexually abused them the mother told them to suck it up.
A dentist in Moab had been convicted of sexually abusing some of his eight children. All of the children claimed he had sexually abused them. One of his children worked in his office. He had many patients.
From what I have seen the child that worked for him may have been the most damaged. That child may have been rendered incapable of going on her own so she was clinging to the familiar.
What percentage of child sexual abusers are arrested?
IMO damned few.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post