well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Sitting in my car (edit: not this week)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sitting in my car (edit: not this week)
 Login/Join

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
You (we) should probably park facing out of the spot, rather than having to run over miscreants by backing up over them. Although the backup camera (if you have one) would be pretty amusing.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, I ended up moving my car because I realized that someone could drive up behind me and block me in. It was shortly after that when the guy came running down the ramp. I wondered if there was video surveillance and that he thought I might have a problem because I switched spaces in an empty garage. Whatever his mission was though, I was not part of it.

Next week I think I'll probably go in and wait in the waiting room. Mr wtg said there were very few people and almost everyone in the waiting room had a companion. The waiting room is specific for a specialty, so you don't have the general population in there. Only one more treatment, then a break for six weeks or more.

Anyway, we are home safe, sage, and sound. Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Last of this group of treatments is today.

I decided to go in with him. Hospital is very different than last week. Most doors locked and you have to check in and get a pass to get to your appt. Everyone has to wear a mask.

Pretty spooky. Soonest we'd be back is six weeks. Hope things are better by then

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope things are better by then

Plus a gazillion.

Despite how stress it is just for you two to make the trip, I'm glad he was able to finish these treatments.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Stay-at-home order being enforced.

Lakefront was empty. Police stationed at every entrance.

The pedestrian tunnels under Lake Shore Drive are blocked with 55 gallon garbage cans filled with rocks.

What a change from the last two Tuesdays we drove by.

Bazootiehead-in-training