well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This is why life will be a little less stressful

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is why life will be a little less stressful
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
President Biden on Friday called the chief of the National Guard Bureau to apologize after troops who had been brought in to protect his inauguration were ordered to sleep in an unheated parking garage after they were booted from the Capitol on Thursday, administration officials said.

The issue has generated controversy in the first days of Mr. Biden’s term. Several governors and members of Congress have criticized the move, even as the reasons for the troops’ relocation remain murky.

In the telephone call with Gen. Daniel R. Hokanson, the head of the National Guard Bureau, Mr. Biden apologized and asked what he could do, the officials said. Jill Biden, the first lady, visited some of the troops stationed outside of the Capitol on Friday afternoon, thanking them for their work and handing out chocolate chip cookies.

“The National Guard will always hold a special place in the hearts of all the Bidens,” she said, noting that their son Beau, who died in 2015, was a member of the Delaware Army National Guard.

No whining. No blaming the media for fake news. Even if it's not your fault you apologize and try to make things better.

Could you see Trump apologizing and Melania giving out cookies? Wink

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/0...-parking-garage.html

Meanwhile, ya gotta ask what the heck is going on with the US Capitol Police. First they were unprepared for January 6th, and then this debacle....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Biden apologized and asked what he could do

This just makes me want to weep, tears of joy but also of relief.

Wow.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Cognitive Dissonance

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Cognitive Dissonance

Not sure just what you meant by the above, CHAS, but having noticed your signature for the first time, I want to thank you. It's exactly what I see having happened, especially under Trump.

And that the same goes for trampling others to get ahead, so as to be a "winner". That without doing so, one doesn't have a chance of surviving in a world where "everyone else" is cheating.

I hope fervently that the same can be proven to be true of the power of a good example. Also that the same contagion may apply! Please G-d.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post