well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fauci is part of the medical deep state

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fauci is part of the medical deep state
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Really. Laura Ingraham of Fox News says so.

quote:
Fox News host Laura Ingraham mocked, cackled and smirked her way through a Monday night conspiracy theory rant that included calling Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of “The Medical Deep State.”

Ingraham, who has breathlessly supported treating COVID-19 with the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine, claimed that “the science,” a term she repeatedly pronounced in a dismissive tone, has a liberal bias. Ingraham also called the reporting of science-based information “alarmist warnings” from mainstream media outlets.

“Have you noticed that whenever the ‘medical experts’ say 'The science says...’ it ends up justifying the left’s most insane demands?” Ingraham asked on “The Ingraham Angle.

quote:
On her show, Ingraham, who is not a doctor, showed clips of medical experts cautioning against indoor rallies like the one Trump has planned and scoffed at those warnings.

“None of these people, sadly including Dr. Fauci, can be really taken all that seriously anymore given what we’ve seen, because science, just like journalism and entertainment, has become obscenely politicized,” she claimed without a hint of irony.

Ingraham dismissed Fauci’s warnings that Americans may be a year away from a semblance of normalcy as “a one-man effort to depress us all now that we’re slowly starting to get our lives back ever so slowly.”

She punctuated her diatribe by declaring “The medical Deep State strikes again.”

https://www.nydailynews.com/ne...obbfnewrm-story.html

Bang Head

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh god. This is so, so unhelpful.

My state is re-writing its "highest single-day new cases" record every day for the last few days, I hear through back channels (hopefully to become news channels on Monday) that my town specifically is probably a week out from a huge spike based on wastewater testing... And people act like it's business as usual down here, no masks, no efforts to practice any kind of social distancing.

We're headed for a huge disaster.

And Fox News and people like Ingraham are speeding us on the way.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
If those that go to the rally and get covid can't sue Trump, maybe they can sue Fox News???

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
What in God's name motivates people like her to say clearly false crap like this?

Is it the money?

Is she bitter and wants to see everyone else suffer?

Just to get a rise out of people?

One of Reagan's many sins was killing the Fairness Doctrine. It wasn't just the part about equal time for all views, but the other main principle which was that broadcast media must operate in the Public Interest. Spreading hateful and dangerous lies like these are clearly not in the Public Interest.

Then, as cable grew, the U.S. government decided that the rules for broadcast media didn't apply and cable-only outlets could do whatever they damned-well pleased. I think Ted Turner was the leading force behind that, but I was still a kid when it really took root.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Oh god. This is so, so unhelpful.

My state is re-writing its "highest single-day new cases" record every day for the last few days, I hear through back channels (hopefully to become news channels on Monday) that my town specifically is probably a week out from a huge spike based on wastewater testing... And people act like it's business as usual down here, no masks, no efforts to practice any kind of social distancing.

We're headed for a huge disaster.

And Fox News and people like Ingraham are speeding us on the way.

Remind me again, you're still set for face-to-face classes in the fall, right?

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
What in God's name motivates people like her to say clearly false crap like this?

Is it the money?

Is she bitter and wants to see everyone else suffer?

Just to get a rise out of people?

One of Reagan's many sins was killing the Fairness Doctrine. It wasn't just the part about equal time for all views, but the other main principle which was that broadcast media must operate in the Public Interest. Spreading hateful and dangerous lies like these are clearly not in the Public Interest.

Then, as cable grew, the U.S. government decided that the rules for broadcast media didn't apply and cable-only outlets could do whatever they damned-well pleased. I think Ted Turner was the leading force behind that, but I was still a kid when it really took root.

It’s the money. It’s always the money.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Remind me again, you're still set for face-to-face classes in the fall, right?

Mostly, yes. The public messaging from above is all “the University remains on track for fall return to on-campus instruction.” And then the messaging sent internally to faculty is mostly the same, with chairs talking about how important it is that we have in-prison courses or else “doomsday” scenarios...

Faculty just received a “survey” from the provost’s office — that’s what they’re calling it, but it’s not an anonymous survey, instead when you open it, it takes you to a list of each fall class for which you are the teacher of record. Then you are supposed to click from among 4 options about how you’re planning to teach in the fall. The options are “blended (simulcast),” “fully online,” “fully in-person,” or “special circumstance.” (Special would be independent studies or classes that don’t have regular meeting times.

So, if you look at that survey, it looks like faculty have a “choice” about whether they are back in the classroom or not. But I’ve been emailing with my chair and it seems that if you answered “fully online” for all of your classes, you’d need to then provide justification (i.e., health reasons, age etc.) to be allowed to do that. There’s a lot of speculation that in the absence of that, you’d be “encouraged” to take a leave of absence. So I am pretty angry about the way this is being done.

Anyway, I haven’t completed to the survey yet, my section is having a meeting about it on Monday...

What about your institution P*D?

Posts: 18520 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine who is a chaired professor of French and Holocaust Studies at Penn State is very disturbed that Penn State recently decided that their Fall classes (beginning in August) will be F to F.

She doesn't yet know it she will be exempted for health reason. She is in remission (for now) from ovarian cancer after an arduous struggle.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
She doesn't yet know it she will be exempted for health reason. She is in remission (for now) from ovarian cancer after an arduous struggle.

Hopefully she won't be made to choose between in the classroom or unpaid leave! That's one of the things that's going around the gossip circles right now.