well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tonight's piano party
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonight's piano party
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

There was one flat I kept missing about 3/4 of the way through it. Correcting that was an exercise in the maxim "it takes ten times as much work to unlearn something you learned wrong than to learn it wrong in the first place". Maybe I should have gotten a can of Fix-A-Flat.

ROTFLMAO

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
Congratulations, CHAS!

Thank you

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

There was one flat I kept missing about 3/4 of the way through it. Correcting that was an exercise in the maxim "it takes ten times as much work to unlearn something you learned wrong than to learn it wrong in the first place". Maybe I should have gotten a can of Fix-A-Flat.

ROTFLMAO

I know the flat you mean.

K517 has a bazillion notes.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We west coasters need to get our act together and have a piano party here!

Chas, congrats on the performance. It's tough, and you should feel very accomplished. I am at the point where if I accompany I just have "butterflies," but if I perform solo I am still super anxious. Yuck. So my hat's off to you, and also SK who is so diligent about tackling performance anxiety head on. Smiler

Thank you

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
For the finale, an electric Yamaha was brought in.
Two talented women played Libertango very well.
A man in a big curly salt and pepper wig came out dancing
with a rose in his teeth. He grabbed one of the hosts and they did a clownish tango.
It was hilarious.
The hosts were two guys. They own that house and another in the Denver area. One told me there were five very nice pianos in the neighborhood that are played regularly.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Proud of you! Yup, 'tis scary for me too. One thing I liked about the piano parties, is that it is thought of as sharing, not performing.

I was a church organist way back when. Cuz it was weekly, and the same people for years, I was fine but get me in front of a new congregation and t was the continuous jitters!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post

Kevin and Roger Tango

Kevin and Mike were the hosts. They have been together a long time.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Love it!!

BTW I love Libertango, I would have loved to hear it! That is a fantastic piece of music. I've seen an arrangement for solo piano, the arranger has a video on YouTube and it sounds fantastic. But I looked at the score of his arrangement, and ... no. No way could I play that, way too much going on! But the easy arrangements are just boring.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18330 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
How awesome! Good for you to get out there and play in public too. Looks like a lot of fun was had.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post