well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Incrementalism or No Incrementalism

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Incrementalism or No Incrementalism
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
There’s a certain type of person who will chose noble defeats over partial victories every time.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Reason # 973 why I don't like Bernie. He can continue to push medicare for all, but when it comes time to vote, he needs to vote yes for this, and encourage his followers to support it.

This is EXACTLY why we have Donald Trump in the White House.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Reason # 973 why I don't like Bernie. He can continue to push medicare for all, but when it comes time to vote, he needs to vote yes for this, and encourage his followers to support it.

This is EXACTLY why we have Donald Trump in the White House.

My sentiments exactly.

And it's even a little worse than that. Because, by pretending that he'll never compromise, Bernie emboldens his supporters to take hardline stands too. And then, as an example, when he eventually supports Hillary Clinton, they are all locked into their "Never Hillary!" mentality. So, even if Bernie eventually gives in to reality, they do not.

Bernie's rhetoric in the early stages is very damaging to eventual compromises.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
But it appeals to his base. Hmmmm, where have we heard that before?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
TOBS
Tired of Bernie Sanders
My new slogan

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25703 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
OK, I am not a Bernie fan, and I quite subscribe to the idea of not letting perfection becoming the enemy of the good and all that. But I cannot accept saying this Bernie attitude is why we have Trump in the White House. Trump is in the White House solely because of the people who voted for Trump.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post