well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    He's an idiot and we are screwed

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He's an idiot and we are screwed
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Let me rephrase that. He's a f**cking idiot and we are screwed.

I didn't watch the briefing, and sorry for the Yahoo News link

https://www.yahoo.com/news/on-...-life-205828933.html

"“I can listen to 35 people. At the end, I’ve got to make a decision, and I didn’t think of it until yesterday"

Yeah, and we would be better off if he had not thought of it at all. He doesn't have a long enough attention span to wait on making the decision, he feeds on instant gratification and taking a long view is not something he knows how to do.

I could say more, but it would just be a string of cuss words. I hate that this is the person guiding our country and our response to the virus.

/rant

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There was something that went before that bit you quoted.

quote:
A reporter at Friday’s briefing asked Trump what metrics will be used to make a decision about reopening the nation.

“The metrics right here,” the president said, pointing at his head. “That’s my metrics, that’s all I can do. I can listen to 35 people. At the end, I’ve got to make a decision.”

https://www.marketwatch.com/st...ever-make-2020-04-10

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Your thread title is descriptive of several in the administration.

Hope you don't mind if I tuck this snip about Peter Navarro in here.

quote:
Before coming to the White House, Navarro was a west coast academic economist with views on trade far outside the American mainstream and a failed political career behind him, have lost five elections and won none in his adoptive home town of San Diego.

His former campaign adviser, Larry Remer, said: “I wouldn’t trust him to go out to get lunch and come back with everybody’s sandwich and drink order correctly. I don’t know how he could be put in charge of logistics."

That's gonna leave a mark. From his campaign adviser, no less....

https://www.theguardian.com/us...xpertise-he-makes-up

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me rephrase that. He's a f**cking idiot and we are screwed.

Tell us how you really feel, SK ... Evil

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
There was something that went before that bit you quoted.

quote:
A reporter at Friday’s briefing asked Trump what metrics will be used to make a decision about reopening the nation.

“The metrics right here,” the president said, pointing at his head. “That’s my metrics, that’s all I can do. I can listen to 35 people. At the end, I’ve got to make a decision.”

Yeah actually I think that was the part where I just lost my mind! VeryAngry

P*D this presidency has practically turned me into a sailor!!! Curse

I never used be a potty mouth...

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Small consolation, but there there are precious few still paying attention to the propaganda coming out of the White House.

They’ll be dead soon enough.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34838 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Your thread title is descriptive of several in the administration.

Hope you don't mind if I tuck this snip about Peter Navarro in here.

quote:
Before coming to the White House, Navarro was a west coast academic economist with views on trade far outside the American mainstream and a failed political career behind him, have lost five elections and won none in his adoptive home town of San Diego.

His former campaign adviser, Larry Remer, said: “I wouldn’t trust him to go out to get lunch and come back with everybody’s sandwich and drink order correctly. I don’t know how he could be put in charge of logistics."

That's gonna leave a mark. From his campaign adviser, no less....

https://www.theguardian.com/us...xpertise-he-makes-up

I heard he got his PhD at Trump University.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Hah!

As Jon well knows, Navarro has a Harvard economics Ph.D.

At one point, Navarro was a serious economist. That was 30 years ago, when he could actually publish in the Journal of Urban Economics and the Rand Journal of Economics (both excellent journals). But Navarro hasn't done any serious work in over 20 years.

I don't know anyone today who thinks of him as anything but a political hack, Harvard Ph.D notwithstanding.

Posts: 12503 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
there there are precious few still paying attention to the propaganda coming out of the White House.

Maybe. But administrative decisions still have a huge impact on all of us, whether we ignore the TV briefings or not.

It's terrifying to have this leader, this administration, at this time. Terrifying and infuriating!