well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Paging Mr. *D. Mr. P*D.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paging Mr. *D. Mr. P*D.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m wondering if it would be worth buying whole pumpkins around Halloween. They’re dirt cheap then but I’d imagine peeling and cooking one would be quite a chore.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34918 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The CPI already weights items by how important they are to the average budget, so a change in gas prices has a much bigger effect on the CPI than does a similar % change in

P*D, that makes sense. The steak example doesn't surprise me. I think it's less painful to buy something that was already seen as expensive than it is to buy something when you have an expectation that it's not, or shouldn't be, expensive. Again, as you say, I'm just speculating and this could be an empirical question (for someone else, these are then kinds of questions I ask! Big Grin

BTW, Steve, I always thought carving pumpkins aren't intended to be eaten. Maybe that's wrong?

I do know that Mr SK makes stuff from Japanese kabocha (which is like... butternut squash maybe?) the prep is a bit of a hassle.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18431 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post