well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    And here we go.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And here we go.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I’m not in LA and have already declared it off limits, but my little burg of 70K hearty souls has 12 cases which extrapolates out to some 5K in three weeks.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/28/...ls-in-five-days/amp/

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Scary to see it start.

My small residential area of two towns...28,000 went from 3 last weekend to 16. And we get no info...someone traveling? Someone escaping NY?

And reports of natives just not self disciplined thinking it will not happen to them...

It will.

16 can multiply quickly.

No TP, cleaners, etc. have ordered masks and gloves online t now I hear that might be weeks (they didn't say that of course.

Freezer was stocked but running low now.

Respiratory problems makes me very nervous.

Ma. Already 4000 positives. Can't believe it. We are not safe.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Data for our semi-rural county is hard to find, but we're about three miles outside the adjacent county where I work, Cleveland County. There have been 46 cases out of a population of 280,000 people in Cleveland County.

That's about the same rate that Steve is reporting in his town, so I guess we could be looking at 20,000 sick people is three weeks, if that rate of spread holds.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post