well-temperedforum.groupee.net
I’m not so sure on this basement thing

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/6103991797

09 May 2022, 10:30 PM
Steve Miller
I’m not so sure on this basement thing
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

I spent a lot of money remediating before I sold. (Our HOA didn't allow sump pumps.).

Did they offer a reason for not allowing them?

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

10 May 2022, 01:55 PM
Nina
Yeah, I'm curious, too.
10 May 2022, 03:59 PM
CHAS
Houses in the country near my hometown have no basements because the water table is too high.
In the last 20 years homes have been built with basements. People use them for rec rooms etc.
Wondering whether they are still dry.
The Mississippi is nearby.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

18 May 2022, 06:54 PM
BeeLady
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

I spent a lot of money remediating before I sold. (Our HOA didn't allow sump pumps.).

Did they offer a reason for not allowing them?

Looking back at this and knowing where Quirt lived, I suspect it was because the cul de sac had a shared septic system. Pumping water from all the house basements into the system would have overwhelmed it.

My pre divorce town next door often had restrictions on "garbage grinders" better known as garbage disposals...the septic systems could not handle the waste from them and many homes (my former included) disallowed them. It was a blessing as septic system is privately managed and without the grinder the system enjoys a longer life.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org