well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Play Music Together Online without Lag

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Play Music Together Online without Lag
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Great story on our local NPR station this morning. Turns out some older tech is new again.

SoundJack is a platform that allows multiple musicians to play together online and in sync.

Might be a good platform for piano party duets! Keyboard Jam

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh will definitely read this! I have a violin friend (I think I've shared videos of us here) and we were just texting the other day about how much we miss playing together.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Wow! Sounds like there is a steep learning curve, but would be worth it to rehearse with others!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Wow! Sounds like there is a steep learning curve, but would be worth it to rehearse with others!
Then you have to “unlearn” all that stuff when you get back to playing together in real life again? Blink

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12681 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Then you have to “unlearn” all that stuff when you get back to playing together in real life again? Blink

?? I assumed Ron meant that the platform has a learning curve to it, not that you have to re-learn how to play. Am I missing something?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18320 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Our choir director is a college prof and said that the SoundJack was a problem because of the limit on the number of performers as well as the need to be on ethernet.

She is most hopeful for https://www.jacktrip.org/

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post