well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Well that was unexpected.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well that was unexpected.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
I had long had plans to go to Lexington KY yesterday for Dewey's wedding. I was flying out yesterday morning to Cinncinnatti, and driving the rest of the way, another 80m or so.

The plan was to attend the wedding, and afterwards hang out with some combination of Matt &SO, KlavierBauer (flying in from CO), and Mik (local to Cinncinnatti).

But then we had a big overnight snow, and my 8am flight that was supposed to land at 10:30 got pushed back an hour, then another, then another, etc, until is finally they had it scheduled at 11:30 with a 2pm arrival.

Well, the wedding was at 2 in Lexington, so being at the gate in Cincy at 2 wasn't going to cut it. So I didn't bother getting on the flight.

Then around 3pm I get a text from Bootsy - remember him? He has an extra ticket to see the Vienna Phil at Carnegie, playing Beethoven's Leonore Overture #3 and the Eroica symphony.

So a couple hours later I'm heading into the city to meet him for dinner and go to the concert.

Still sad that I missed Dewey's wedding, but I can't really complain about the alternative course of events. Smiler

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Didja get your money back from the airline?

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I did! I had used miles and they'll credit them back to my account.

And the hotel and car were easy to cancel with no charge.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So how was the concert?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37796 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
^

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10563 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DeweyCMH
posted Hide Post
Well, it was Louisville, but yeah...

Posts: 374 | Registered: 11 March 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
And I knew that! I had a hotel reservation in the right city and had sussed out the right drive!

Congratulations, buddy. And I’m really sorry I missed it. The Vienna Phil is here every year.