well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    LG getting out of smartphone biz

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LG getting out of smartphone biz
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
LG is exiting the smartphone business, the company confirmed today. The decision will “enable the company to focus resources in growth areas such as electric vehicle components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics, artificial intelligence and business-to-business solutions, as well as platforms and services,” LG said in a statement.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/...-smartphone-business

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37757 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Had an LG smartphone. meh

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25675 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they made some nice phones but they made a lot of junk.

Posts: 24642 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Never owned anything made by LG.

Probably never will.

Posts: 13630 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We just bought a new LG washer/dryer from Costco on a bit of an emergency basis. I was super happy with their service a few years back on a similar purchase for our rental unit and remained so after this. But we didn't really get a chance to do much comparison shopping.

So far, everything is running fine.

TBH, I didn't know that LG was in the cell phone business. But then again, I think this odd semi-worship we have with our cell phones is not something I participate in. It's a phone. Does it work? Cool. I'll take it. Big Grin

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post