well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bezos and the National Enquirer
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bezos and the National Enquirer
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I've never seen anyone buy them. When I was in college I worked as a cashier in a drug store that stocked them, and I don't remember ever seeing anyone bring one to the register.

On the other hand, they're everywhere and have been around for decades. Maybe they have subscriptions?

Maybe they're a front for money laundering?

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15506 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
"Alexa, take revenge."

ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I've never seen anyone buy them. When I was in college I worked as a cashier in a drug store that stocked them, and I don't remember ever seeing anyone bring one to the register.

On the other hand, they're everywhere and have been around for decades. Maybe they have subscriptions?

Maybe they're a front for money laundering?

Big Grin

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Alexa, take revenge."

ROTFLMAO

Eeker

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My father's sister would buy those.
She is the one who told her doctor that she was proud that she had never bought any drugs on the street.
She got her drugs from that doctor. That doctor was the same doctor that supplied Elvis with his drugs.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I preferred the Weekly World News...for the laughs.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13780 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
Who might have leaked Bezos' private info?

https://www.dailyherald.com/ne...get-jeff-bezos-texts

OK, I tried to read that. I can't follow it. He was hacked? Nope, he wasn't hacked. Oh wait, yes he was. No, maybe not.

I'll wait for things to shake out.

The reality for me is this: the notion that this POTUS has aligned with various thugs to go after his enemies, including blackmail and other direct threats, is something that is actually plausible. I think we're all used to political hardball, but this level of personal attack seems ground breaking. Ugh.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Best twitter line yet:

I don't want to see a picture of Jeff Bezos's dick, thank you very much. I'm perfectly happy with dick pics from my local independent bookseller.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Remember, besides just the criminal exposure we also have the precedent of Gawker.  They tested whether publishing a private stolen sex tape is free speech.  The answer was no.    Gawker knew that but no one ever wanted to spend the money to test it.   Until Peter Theil did.

Think Bezos would spend 10MM to take it to court and crush the Enquirer? There might be stupider questions out there but I can’t think of any at the moment.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I don't want to see a picture of Jeff Bezos's dick, thank you very much. I'm perfectly happy with dick pics from my local independent bookseller.

Even if you can have them delivered free to your door on the same day you order them?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

Even if you can have them delivered free to your door on the same day you order them?
Even if you can have them delivered wirelessly to your kindle?

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Just thought of other potential fallout. Now other journalists are going to start looking at National Enquirer / Saudi Barbaria links. Especially if there’s a Trump/Kushner angle to it all.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
These times are turning everyone into a conspiracy theorist, me included. I heard someone say that the Enquirer had "the goods" on McConnell and Lindsay Graham, and that was why they were so unreasonable (and why Lindsay Graham is suddenly Trump's best friend). I have no idea if it's true, but it's a sign of the times that I thought, "hmmm, that is not impossible."

Blergh.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
That certainly fits with how Individual 1 has done "business" his entire life.

Sad!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30030 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post