well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My CPA got me registered for an Investment Group Zoom meeting

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My CPA got me registered for an Investment Group Zoom meeting
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
I have avoided this sort of thing for years. This will be two full days of Zoom plus a chat with the CPA and his protege.
The CPA must get $$$ for every person he gets to show up or a commission for $$$ his clients invest with the investment group.
Who knows how this works?

Cannot imagine sitting through two days of a sales pitch plus whatever other hype is thrown at me.
I want INCORRIGIBLE on my tombstone if anyone bothers to buy one and this affair might spoil my record.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Why would you do this?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
You should get a wonderful meal at a first class restaurant to show up at such a thing. Zoom meeting?? Do they at least give you a cinnamon roll or something?

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Did you miss the part where he gets to chat with a CPA? Priceless!

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry, but I won’t be able to attend

I’ve set aside that day to stick red hot pokers in my eyes.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.

This morning I got an email to an "American Dream experience" Zoom meeting. I clicked it 25 minutes late. Sent an email that I missed it.
Got a call.

Told the CPA I had less than zero interest.

I just checked. Had no idea CPAs could also be financial advisors.
Had some respect for CPA, losing that fast.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25710 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Did you miss the part where he gets to chat with a CPA? Priceless!

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post