well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cue Sesame Street.."One of things doesn't belong here"

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cue Sesame Street.."One of things doesn't belong here"
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
"One of these things doesn't belong here,
One of these things just isn't the same....'

Red Face

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Needs some disinfectant

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Needs some disinfectant

And a fricken MASK!!!!! He is in a HOSPITAL!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The hubris of these bozos...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
He doesn't care about getting sick being protected by the OTHER people's masks.

What remains is the risk he poses them, the slimeball!

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So it's been a week since Pence's visit to Mayo...

Some off-script Mayo tweeter noted that Pence had been informed that the clinic requires everyone to wear a mask for safety’s sake, but that post was soon disappeared.

Pence's reaction after the visit:

“As vice president of the United States I’m tested for the coronavirus on a regular basis, and everyone who is around me is tested for the coronavirus,” Pence said. “When the CDC issued guidelines about wearing a mask it was their recognition that people that may have the coronavirus could prevent the possibility of conveying the virus to someone else by wearing a mask.”

“Since I don’t have the coronavirus, I thought it’d be a good opportunity for me to be here, to be able to speak to these researchers these incredible health care personnel and look them in the eye and say thank you,” Pence added.

Then Mrs Pence weighed in:

Vice President Mike Pence didn’t know about the Mayo Clinic’s mandatory mask policy until after leaving the Minnesota institution, his wife insisted. “As our medical experts have told us, wearing a mask prevents you from spreading the disease, and knowing that he doesn’t have COVID-19, he didn’t wear one,” Karen Pence said while standing by her husband during a “Fox & Friends” appearance.

Regardless of his health status, Pence didn’t learn about the mask policy until after his departure, his wife said.

“It was actually after he left Mayo Clinic that he found out that they had a policy of asking everyone to wear a mask,” she said. “So, you know, someone who has worked on this whole task force for over two months is not someone who would have done anything to offend anyone or hurt anyone or scare anyone. So, I’m glad that you gave me the opportunity to talk about that.”

Mayo's response to Mrs P:

In a tweet prior to his arrival, Mayo clinic officials said they had informed Pence of the policy. The tweet was later deleted.

Reached for comment Thursday, a Mayo Clinic rep told The Post that Pence’s office was informed of the policy prior to his visit.

“Mayo Clinic shared the masking policy with the Vice President’s office,” spokesperson Bob Nellis wrote in an email.

Which brings us to yesterday....

Vice President Mike Pence on Sunday said that he should have worn a mask when visiting the Mayo Clinic, a reversal that came after a harsh backlash for not adhering to the hospital’s policy during the coronavirus pandemic.

“I didn't think it was necessary, but I should have worn a mask at the Mayo Clinic and I wore it when I visited the ventilator plant in Indiana” two days later, Pence said at a Fox News virtual town hall on Sunday, nodding sheepishly.

Now, was that so hard?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37770 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post