well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The haze

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The haze
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Our skies have been hazy and strange looking for the last several days, but it's particularly noticeable today. Smoke from the fires out west has traveled our way.....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Sorry the smoke is there.
We got the first good rain in a long time last night.
Today is is clear and calm. Was great to get out and walk around. Hope this lasts a while.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Very cool map. I wondered why there was a little red dot at the end of Florida. When I clicked on it, it told me the name of the fire and how many acres were involved.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37929 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
We had some really bad days (in the red)last week and over the weekend, where we had to close up and just run the AC, but we’ve had a bit of a break, in the yellow ( moderate) for a couple of days. Supposed to get bad again this weekend.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20460 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Smoke plume maps stay open in my browser this time of year.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Well that explains the haze down here as well!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18509 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Acting funny
And I don't know why
'Scuze me
While I kiss this guy

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
All the way to Maine, where there are warnings for those with respiratory issues.

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17679 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Here, too...I kept cleaning my glasses this morning, but by this afternoon, locals were thinking there was a fire in our city...nope...

Wow.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post