well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Elizabeth Warren is canceling ad buys

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elizabeth Warren is canceling ad buys
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
quote:
Elizabeth Warren is canceling ad schedules that had been booked in SC for later in February

Current buy runs through 2/16; set to go dark after that

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Your comment about dropping out and endorsing the Klobucharge seems spot on.

I'm in the Buttigieg camp, but I could get on board with K.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Same. And if the Dems prevail in November, Warren definitely belongs in the administration in some form or another, IMO.

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The sooner she goes away the better.

Posts: 24653 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Same. And if the Dems prevail in November, Warren definitely belongs in the administration in some form or another, IMO.

Yes. She could add some firepower to a cabinet department. I'm not in her fan club, but I reserve disdain for far more appalling characters, Like T.

Posts: 12511 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I can’t think of a cabinet position where she wouldn’t scare me. Honestly, I can’t imagine her not abusing any executive power she were to wield.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
You may disagree with the means of regulating the banking/lending industry, but there definitely needed to be (and needs to be) oversight.

(Ducks and slinks away)

Posts: 35367 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I can’t think of a cabinet position where she wouldn’t scare me. Honestly, I can’t imagine her not abusing any executive power she were to wield.

Me neither. She has a very activist view of government.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think it’s worse than that, she has an activist view of the executive, and goes out of her way to isolate executive power from democratic oversight in virtually every plan she’s devised.

She doesn’t trust representative democracy, she thinks what people need is a wise master, a role she thinks herself well suited for.

She is poison, a cancer even, to democracy.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
In many ways Trump is more self-aware than Warren.

Trump will try all sorts of extra-constitutional acts, like punishing Amazon via the postal service because he doesn’t like his coverage in WaPo. But he surely realizes he’s just using power to screw an enemy. He’ll even tweet about how good it feels.

Warren will arbitrarily (in response to a question at a rally) add Apple to a list of companies she wants to destroy, and think she’s fighting the good fight. She has an evangelists zeal.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
From the same source:

quote:
Warren is also continuing to cancel ad schedules for later this month in NV

Current buy runs through 2/16; will be dark on TV after that

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
For what it’s worth I’m ok with her in the senate.

Smiler

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
You may disagree with the means of regulating the banking/lending industry, but there definitely needed to be (and needs to be) oversight.

(Ducks and slinks away)

It’s more the institutional structures. I’m ok with consumer financial protection in concept. Even municipal financial protection.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Now if we can just distract Bernie for a couple of months.

What would Scooby-doo?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post