well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Coronavirus bill (formerly GOP relief bill)
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coronavirus bill (formerly GOP relief bill)
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Mik - definitely. We've been getting a bunch of fee rebates from my institution of higher learning, which I have been donating to their student relief fund (plus some additional $$). It's money I was going to spend anyway, so why not?

Also, my kid got her $1200 check via direct deposit, my son didn't. He made about $4200 in 2018 and filed taxes (still a student). I have no idea why, and there's no place to get information. Grrrrrr. He could definitely use the money.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
BTW, we aren't they calling it the China Relief Bill? Evil

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We got ours direct deposit on April 15; it was labeled as a tax refund but we had already received our tax refund. The rah-rah letter signed by Voldemort came a couple days ago.

We scurried to file our taxes early because the 2019 numbers were more advantageous to us. (We had a 2018 windfall, not normal.) It worked!

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Ours is scheduled for tomorrow. I don't understand why it took this long since we filed early and they had our bank info. If a letter comes from Voldemort I will either set it on fire or mail it back with some expletives written over it. I am sharpening my knives.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21344 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Ours is scheduled for tomorrow. I don't understand why it took this long since we filed early and they had our bank info. If a letter comes from Voldemort I will either set it on fire or mail it back with some expletives written over it. I am sharpening my knives.

I haven’t decided what to do with the letter yet. I’m pretty busy right now, getting set to teach online. But I want to do *something* to memorialize it. Bonfire? I have a backyard firepit!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9799 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post