well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Leon Fleisher, 1928-2020

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leon Fleisher, 1928-2020
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Very glad to have seen him just last year, at his 90th birthday celebration.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...n-fleisher-dead.html

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I heard this on the radio and they played some of his music.

My teacher had me learn a bit of a piece to help strengthen my left hand and realize that music didn't alway need two. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Fleischer was the judge of the final round of the last piano competition P*S entered as a senior in high school. Alas, he didn't make the final round. Big Grin

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I saw his last concert at Carnegie Hall (it may well have been his last concert period).

It was early 2019.

His Carnegie Hall debut was in March of 1944. 75 years earlier. Germans still occupied Normandy.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I saw his last concert at Carnegie Hall (it may well have been his last concert period).

It was early 2019.

His Carnegie Hall debut was in March of 1944. 75 years earlier. Germans still occupied Normandy.

A cool memory to have.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post