well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Forager Chef

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forager Chef
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
I was looking for more information about my wild rice and stumbled upon a site called the Forager Chef, which had some good info about the rice.

https://foragerchef.com/guide-...chasing-and-cooking/

If you're looking for something that's not mainstream, he's your guy...

https://foragerchef.com/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I have a killer way to make wild rice - unfortunately it's so expensive (the rice) that it's only for holidays. But still, it's worth it.

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Do tell.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13514 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Yes, please do tell.

I bought two pounds of wild rice after WTG's post on the subject and have cooked one batch in the regular manner but would like to hear other recipes.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7367 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Make it three!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37681 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I'll try to dig it up - I'm not sure if it's here or up in Canada. (First world problems.)

Posts: 35362 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I’ve always found the idea of foraging interesting. Some poor soul had to have eaten it first.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13514 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post