well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The miracle that isn't

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The miracle that isn't
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
What a heartbreaker for Timmothy's family. The little boy was kidnapped by his mother seven years ago. She took him to a bunch of vacation places, and next thing she's committed suicide, leaving a note that Timmothy is with people who will take care of him but that he'll never be found.

Then a guy materializes yesterday, claiming to be Timmothy.

quote:
A person found in Kentucky on Wednesday is not Timmothy Pitzen, the Aurora boy who disappeared nearly eight years ago, the FBI said Thursday. Here are fast facts about Brian Michael Rini, the person who claimed to be Timmothy Pitzen.

1. Newport police identify the person claiming to be Timmothy Pitzen as Brian Michael Rini, 23, of Medina, Ohio.

2. Rini has a criminal record, including burglary and vandalism. In 2015, he was arrested and pleaded guilty to making false alarms involving a law enforcement agency.

3. The person, who police now say was Rini, was seen roaming alone Wednesday morning in Newport, Kentucky, and told officers that he was Timmothy Pitzen, and had just escaped from two kidnappers who had been holding him for seven years.

4. The woman who called 911 after she found the person wandering the streets said he told her he’d been running for hours, crossing the bridge from Cincinnati into Newport, after escaping his kidnappers.

“He told me he had been kidnapped he just really wanted to get home he lived in Illinois that’s what he told me and he just was passed around to people that he didn’t know,” she said. “I don’t know why he would just come here and make that up. I just don’t see why he would just make up his name.”

5. In a press conference on Thursday, Timmothy’s maternal grandmother Alana Anderson said the family has been on “tenterhooks,” hopeful, frightened and exhausted. “I feel so sorry for the young man who’s obviously had a horrible time and felt the need to say he was someone else in hope that they can find his family.”

6. Rini recently served 18 months in prison for burglary and vandalism.

7. In the past, Rini has pleaded guilty to making false alarms to law enforcement.

8. Rini’s lengthy record also includes passing bad checks, criminal trespass and driving without a license.

Video news story here, auto-starts.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...brian-michael-rinni/

More extensive coverage here:

https://www.cincinnati.com/sto...y-pitzen/3359020002/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh how heartbreaking for family of the real Timmothy! I read a comment from the grandmother prior to this discovery where she was cautiously hopeful and had a message to "Timmothy" that they never stopped looking for him.
Frowner

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post