well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Credit card fraud

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Credit card fraud
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Someone got the number for one of our credit cards; haven't had this happen for 15 years or more. We have the physical cards so it's not clear how it happened.

The first attempt to use it was declined by the issuer, but a second attempt went through. I was on the phone with the issuer when a third attempt was made and stopped. The account is now closed and new cards issued.

Nothing untoward on the credit reports but we decided to put a freeze on our credit reporting accounts, something we probably should have done a while ago. It's a minor inconvenience to unfreeze if we apply for credit for some reason. And as far as I can tell, insurance companies who use credit scores in premium calculations can still get to the info they need, but I'll check with our insurer to be certain.

So I used this article as a baseline:

https://www.nerdwallet.com/art...how-to-freeze-credit

When I got to Innovis, one of the lesser know credit bureaus, it asks if I'm the victim of identity theft. Do you think that the credit card fraud qualifies?

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post