well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Toothpaste

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toothpaste
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Let me start this off with a disclaimer: Toothpaste is not food. You shouldn't eat it. Neither I nor this publication, though it is a food publication, supports or recommends eating toothpaste.

Many food and travel writers have enthusiastically noted that when they arrive in a new destination, their first stop is invariably "the market." I like to go to markets, too—the sights, smells, and tastes are always a wonderful introduction to sensory pleasures that lie ahead. But my first stop in a new place? The pharmacy. To buy toothpaste.

It started in college, with a birthday present. One year, my friend Josh gave me a tube of Botot, a licorice-flavored Italian brand made from an 18th-century French formula. To this day, it is one of the most thoughtful birthday presents I've ever received, but at the time neither of us knew that it would inspire a full-fledged obsession. Though I enjoyed the Botot and the novelty of a foreign toothpaste, I didn't expand my horizons until 2016, when I was introduced to Marvis. Another Italian brand, this one was available in a variety of funky flavors like jasmine- and ginger-mint and came in an attractive silver tube. After my first brush, I knew it was time to more fully immerse myself in the world of toothpaste.

https://getpocket.com/explore/...source=pocket-newtab

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37885 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I really like that idea.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Just what I need - another acquired taste.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post