Tools

Wordle?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simply visit Wordle’s website (https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/), right-click on the page (or use a drop-down menu depending on your browser), choose “save page as a webpage,” and save it to your desktop. You should then see an HTML file on your desktop as well as a folder that’s labeled “wordle_files.” Clicking on the HTML file should open the game in your browser, even if you’re offline.

How would that get you new ones??

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18310 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A bit more detail on how Wordle is built, from the Gizmodo link I posted:

quote:
Wardle created Wordle as a simple game for his wife to play. She enjoys word games and he set up the game on a simple site that calls to a list of 2,135 five-letter solution words. That’s enough to have a Wordle every day for 7 years. It was made for an audience of one, and because of that, the mechanisms behind it are easy for anyone to see. Wardle’s game is a slick UI with a piece of JavaScript that calls to a giant word list, which is also available for anyone to view.

And from Vice:

quote:
All the words have been pre-selected and are sitting there for anyone to view. People have already reverse-engineered the code and created bots that spoil the next day’s word. So, people are simply downloading the page to play an offline version of Wordle that can last for seven years.

https://www.vice.com/en/articl...-2000-days-of-wordle

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37747 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Dordle is more fun anyway.

But I have the NYT games add-on, so I hope they improve Wordle to be more challenging.

Posts: 19756 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Now in Spanish!

Takes a while. My Spanish is very rusty.

4/6

Very proud of getting today’s in 3

Wordle (ES) #34 3/6

⬜⬜

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Very funny, Jon ...

Posts: 12495 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Good day for me. Wordle in 3, Wordle Español in 3, and Dordle in 4.

Oh and it reverted to NYT finally on my phone today.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Today's Wordle was simply invisible to me. It took me five turns, and I really thought it was going to take me down.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15505 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Here’s yet another version… Qwordle. You solve 4 at once with 9 guesses.

Daily Quordle #20
4️⃣7️⃣
8️⃣9️⃣
quordle.com

⬜⬜⬜

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4080 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Fun. Totally different strategy to solve multiples.