well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Border collie doing what border collies do

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Border collie doing what border collies do
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Good dog!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F87ytyL0tI

quote:
A border collie proved he was a Chihuahua’s best friend, saving the small dog from being hit as an SUV was reversing.

A video taken in February and released Friday shows the collie running across snow-covered pavement as a blue SUV is backing up in Gaspe, Canada, WWSB reported.

The collie grabs the Chihuahua by the neck before it could be struck and then runs to safety.

The owner stopped the SUV and got out. She thought she had crushed her dog. Both dogs were OK.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34970 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG! Border collies are amazing!!! Think of all the pieces that came together for this. The collie knows the direction the car is going, (maybe knows that the car can't "see"?) Also knows that the chihuahua is in its path, cares enough (or is responsible enough, or both) to do something about it, and is able to do something that saves them both from harm. Pretty impressive!

It's so funny to think about how different the personalities of different breeds are. I'm thinking of all those videos that people make of the "what my dog did when I do X" variety. Like the one where the owner was walking his dog and decided to pretend to pass out. Owner falls down, lets go of the leash. The dog is totally oblivious and keeps walking in the same direction, never looks back. Finally the dog is out of sight of the camera and the video ends.

Then there's supercollie to the rescue in this video. I would want a border collie except that I know you need to keep them sufficiently occupied and we wouldn't be able to do that. Mr. SK wants a shiba, apparently one of the most quirky and stubborn breeds. Blink

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18517 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That doesn't look like a chihuahua. It looks like a border collie pup.

Posts: 12538 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post