well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Come From Away

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Come From Away
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
It’s a play we saw some years ago about Gander, Newfoundland, and how the people there came together after dozens of planes were rerouted there after 9/11. It’s a remarkable story, and the play is excellent.

Turns out it was recorded and is offered on Apple TV. Apple offers a free month and I highly recommend it.

You can catch some Ted Lasso while you’re at it. ThumbsUp

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
We also saw it live a few years ago and really enjoyed the show!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7546 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It's one of my recent favorites. I started re-watching it.

Pro tip: it's the original cast. The woman who sings "Me and the Sky" is great.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Isn't this connected to Elena's story of how they ultimately bought their home in Newfoundland?

Her husband was on one of the planes if I am remembering right. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
Isn't this connected to Elena's story of how they ultimately bought their home in Newfoundland?

Her husband was on one of the planes if I am remembering right. Smiler

Correct!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Yeah that's a great play. I've seen it 3 times in London (once for me, and twice more with visitors). I'll check it out on Apple.

Does Elena's husband show up in the play or anything? I didn't know about that connection to her. A truly tragic day, but cool for us here to have even that type of connection with what happened.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post