well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Meanwhile in Brazil

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meanwhile in Brazil
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
President Bolsonaro tested positive for coronavirus.

Literally days after he called the crisis a “fantasy.”

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bloomberg just reported that he tested negative.

WTF

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Bolsinaro's son says his father's test results aren't ready yet.

Skeptical

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hundreds of mass graves have been dug in Brazil as the country recorded 21,116 deaths from coronavirus yesterday.

Brazil has had more than 330,000 coronavirus infections, making it the third worst affected country in the world and the worst affected in South America.

It briefly overtook Russia as the world's number two hotspot for Covid-19 before the European country recorded 335,882 infections this morning.

In Sao Paulo, the worst hit city, aerial video showed rows of open plots at the Formosa Cemetery as it rushed to keep up with demand.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...s-21-116-deaths.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
21k deaths .... in a day? No. That's total deaths. An undercount to be sure, but not 21,000 deaths "yesterday."

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The editor must have been off today.

BTW, I love your new avatar.

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I took the photo in the Phoenix Botanical Garden just weeks before the lockdown. Can't quite remember what flower it is. I was looking for things that might grow well in Santa Fe.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post