well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ladies: I Found Jeans!!!!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ladies: I Found Jeans!!!!!
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Wow. You know your inseam length?

Dang.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Yep! I always check, especially if they have a "tall" option. Most of the time tall works great, but occasionally there will be a tall that is for really, um, tall people, and the pants drag on the floor, even for me. I'm guessing that most women who buy online and have problems with getting pants that are long enough know their inseam length.

Or maybe it's just me. suave

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I have found that Levis can't be trusted w/ re length. I always buy regular/medium length (not because I'm tall, but because short tends to be too short in the crotch). The same type of jeans (same number, exact same size etc.) may or may not be the same length.

For example I love Levis 529 (I think that's what they are) and I have one pair that I washed and put in the dryer and it was the perfect length. Another pair (again, same size, same everything) was just way too long after several trips through the dryer and I ended up having to have it hemmed by a tailor!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18505 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Yep! I always check, especially if they have a "tall" option. Most of the time tall works great, but occasionally there will be a tall that is for really, um, tall people, and the pants drag on the floor, even for me. I'm guessing that most women who buy online and have problems with getting pants that are long enough know their inseam length.

Or maybe it's just me. suave

It's not just you. My inseam is also 33-34; I'm just a hair south of 5'10". I always check to be sure I know what "Tall" is.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37926 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’ve pretty much given up on jeans; they’re just not that comfortable. But when I did buy jeans at the GAP, I’d buy ankle length, which would be regular length on me. I’m 5’2”.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I’m 5’4” on a good day...

AdagioM, what kind of slacks do you wear for causal wear? For work?

I *live* in jeans. When I’m teaching or for any work event that blue jeans wouldn’t be appropriate, I wear black jeans. I have convinced myself that you can’t tell they’re jeans. If you can tell, I don’t want to know. Most any other time, I wear blue jeans. At home (like if I’m lounging) I wear either jeans or some cotton exercise type pants.

Posts: 18505 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
I’m 5’4” on a good day...

AdagioM, what kind of slacks do you wear for causal wear? For work?

I *live* in jeans. When I’m teaching or for any work event that blue jeans wouldn’t be appropriate, I wear black jeans. I have convinced myself that you can’t tell they’re jeans. If you can tell, I don’t want to know. Most any other time, I wear blue jeans. At home (like if I’m lounging) I wear either jeans or some cotton exercise type pants.

I work from home, designing knitwear. When I’m out to teach, I wear something to showcase my knits. I usually wear dresses,or skirts with sassy boots. This last fiber festival it was snowy, so I opted for tunics and leggings, with practical boots. I’ve always liked skirts more than pants!

You can tell which day I didn’t have to leave the hotel, based on the footwear!

At home? PJs, leggings, athleisure. I’m generally covered in cat hair anyway!

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
AdagioM, that is a very awesome look!! And yes, it complements your work nicely!

I love the tunic+leggings look, but I don't own a single pair of leggings.

Maybe one of these days...

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Thanks, SK! Sooooo comfortable.

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I only wear jeans, everyday, just like in HS. I am a Lucky Jeans fan. Just got another two pair as the 4 I have are wearing a bit thin.

At least I don't have to think too much about what to wear to work every morning! Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nanna
posted Hide Post
I’m with you, Adagio. I wear comfortable dresses or tunics whenever possible. Really like the brown one on the left with three quarter sleeves. It looks like it has some fit rather than straight. Did you design it?

Posts: 78 | Location: The Colonial Capital | Registered: 11 October 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I still wear jeans every day to work as well. I figure jeans with a nice sweater, tunic or blouse/jacket are fine for my place of employment. I do have maybe 2 "good" outfits for the occasional important meeting, but most of the time I could probably go to work in my pajamas (how millennial of me) and no one would really notice.

Having spent a large portion of my career up front and center, I really like being in the back office now. As in, I love it, don't know what took me so long to get there.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nanna:
I’m with you, Adagio. I wear comfortable dresses or tunics whenever possible. Really like the brown one on the left with three quarter sleeves. It looks like it has some fit rather than straight. Did you design it?

I love this dress! I have a purple one almost the same. It’s a little fitted through the waist. I didn’t design it; I found it on the clearance rack at Fred Meyer! (Kroger, but with stuff besides food.) The fabric has gotten a little pilly, but I’m hoping everyone else is a little nearsighted, and that they’re blinded by the beauty of handknits anyway.