well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Individual 1 is a pathetic excuse for a human being

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Individual 1 is a pathetic excuse for a human being
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Sen. Chris Coons on Sunday called on President Donald Trump to apologize for trashing the late Sen. John McCain on Twitter during the weekend, and supported the departed Arizona Republican’s delivery to the FBI the so-called dossier on Trump’s alleged ties to Russia.

“I’ve long thought that his personal and direct attacks on Sen. McCain” were “one of the most detestable things about President Trump’s conduct as a candidate,” Coons, a Delaware Democrat, told host George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week” in defense of the former GOP senator and 2008 presidential candidate, who died last August after a battle with brain cancer.

“I frankly think the president’s continued attacks on now-late Sen. John McCain is something that’s regrettable and for which he should apologize,” Coons added.

Trump railed against McCain on Saturday for passing along to former FBI Director James Comey an explosive and largely unverified dossier compiled by ex-British intelligence officer Christopher Steele. The report detailed years of links between Trump and Russia, and insinuated that the Kremlin possessed compromising information on the president.

“Spreading the fake and totally discredited Dossier ‘is unfortunately a very dark stain against John McCain,’” Trump wrote online, appearing to quote former Whitewater independent counsel Kenneth Starr.

Trump attacked again on Sunday morning, tweeting: “So it was indeed (just proven in court papers) ‘last in his class’ (Annapolis) John McCain that sent the Fake Dossier to the FBI and Media hoping to have it printed BEFORE the Election. He & the Dems, working together, failed (as usual). Even the Fake News refused this garbage!”

McCain flagged the dossier to law enforcement officials in December 2016 — several weeks after the presidential election. The FBI had launched its probe into Russian election interference five months earlier.

“Sen. McCain conveyed that report out of a sense of duty, and he is someone who lived his entire life with a sense of honor and duty to our country,” Coons said Sunday.

Meghan McCain, the late senator's daughter, reposted the president's tweet on Saturday, writing to Trump: "No one will ever love you the way they loved my father."

She added: "I wish I had been given more Saturday’s with him. Maybe spend yours with your family instead of on twitter obsessing over mine?

https://www.politico.com/story...-trump-coons-1224043

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37839 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Individual 1 is a pathetic excuse for a human being

Yep.

Also re Meghan McCain,
quote:
Meghan McCain, the late senator's daughter, reposted the president's tweet on Saturday, writing to Trump: "No one will ever love you the way they loved my father."

She added: "I wish I had been given more Saturday’s with him. Maybe spend yours with your family instead of on twitter obsessing over mine?

Yes, and yes. Well said!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18379 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I'm a military brat. Born and raised. (I know; try not to fall off your chair.) President Trump never understood John McCain or his family. I'll leave it at that.

Posts: 24674 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
President Trump on Wednesday unleashed fresh criticism of John McCain, attacking the late GOP senator for his connection to a dossier of claims about the president and Russia, his vote against a Republican effort to repeal ObamaCare and his support for the Iraq War.

Trump spent five full minutes jabbing at McCain during an official White House event intended to highlight manufacturing in Ohio. The barbs marked the fourth time in the last five days that Trump has criticized McCain, who succumbed to brain cancer last August.

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve. I don't care about this, I didn't get a thank you. That's OK," Trump told workers at a tank factory in Lima, Ohio.

"We sent him on the way, but I wasn't a fan of John McCain."

Video here:

https://thehill.com/homenews/a...-you-for-funeral?amp

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37839 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by well-tempered gardener:
quote:

"I gave him the kind of funeral that he wanted, which as president I had to approve. I don't care about this, I didn't get a thank you. That's OK," Trump told workers at a tank factory in Lima, Ohio.
Decedents rarely send thank-you notes.

Individual 1 sure spends a lot of time whining about things he says he doesn't care about.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30033 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Even someone else’s funeral is all about him.

Posts: 45730 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
There is a special place in hell for that man. What an @ss.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20430 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
He is a FAKE pres.

Pass it on...it might catch on.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Crickets from the AZ GOP congressional delegation.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Apparently, he has nassciscistic personality disorder.

But, why do we here want to talk about this and talk about it e.g 6 times a day?

We're playing into his hands and Republicans' hands, and being upset, if not upsetting ourselves and others.

It won't happen but how different would this forum be if we pinned a 'Trump' thread and a 'politics' thread?

I'm on an almost 4 month roll of not watching news. Who knows but I don't think I've missed much and I know I've spared myself a lot of aggravation.

Posts: 24674 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post