well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Our town when we lived in Oregon. Major spike
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our town when we lived in Oregon. Major spike
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
The county has voluntarily moved back to Stage 1 reopening, from Stage 2.

With 236 positive cases, and only 5 people hospitalized, I’m afraid that some might think that it’s just mild, like the flu. And then go out and infect more people.

They are doing that here on my island. Grrr...and daily we go up with just a few now, but being a tourist area, and just opening to those who don't live here...to me it is just plain scary.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
This is happening all over the country and is going to get worse.

For many of these rural communities, the nearest hospital is hours away, and then may only have one or two ventilators and only one person trained to use it.

Hundreds of hospitals throughout the country have closed in the last few years as venture capital takes over health care. If it doesn't turn a profit, close it.

But will this pandemic change anyone's mind about the for-profit health care system in the U.S.? I doubt it.

+1

BTW, the reason "progressives" don't approve of Cuomo is because he's closing hospitals and defunding Medicaid.

He's managed to make himself look like a national hero regarding the pandemic.

So, no, I don't think anyone's going to change their mind about the for-profit health care system in the US.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post