well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Advice on How To Deal With Trump From a British Diplomat

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on How To Deal With Trump From a British Diplomat
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Someone else who has figured out that the emperor has no clothes.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
uniquely dysfunctional

Indeed.

quote:
his career could end in disgrace

We can only hope....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
His career could should end in disgrace.

There. Fixed it...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7554 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Madcap Compatriot
posted Hide Post
Seems like Mr. Darroch hit the sweet point, and Mr. T.´s reactions only confirm the ambassadors assessment.

Posts: 202 | Location: Germany | Registered: 14 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I guess Mr. Darroch does not have a future as a Faux News commentator.

I certainly hope he gets reassigned to an embassy somewhere that appreciates his keen powers of observation.

Of course, if Number 10 wants to further irritate I-1, they could just leave Mr. Darroch in Washington. Hee hee.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
And now he has resigned mostly because (according to the Guardian paper) BoJo failed to say he would support him in the role as ambassador.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Apparently Paul Ryan had a Kim Darroch moment.

And the very thin-skinned I-1 just can't ignore it.

quote:
The president's tweets followed the release of excepts from an upcoming book by Politico's Tim Alberta. Ryan reportedly said in the book that he saw his retirement from Congress as an "escape hatch."

He also criticized the president in the book, which is set to be published on Tuesday.

“Those of us around him really helped to stop him from making bad decisions. All the time,” Ryan reportedly told Alberta. “We helped him make much better decisions, which were contrary to kind of what his knee-jerk reaction was. Now I think he’s making some of these knee-jerk reactions.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...2-loss-is-mine-alone

More on the Twit Tirade:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...-leadership-n1029156

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
... and a criminal investigation is opened.

As I thought. We'll see if it leads into B.J.'s office.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I figured the Brits were going to figure out who leaked it. I know my first thought when the story broke was "who will benefit from the fallout?"

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be delicious if Boris winds up getting indicted.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of behavior I've long thought I-1 is capable of. He is so focused on himself and is incapable of seeing the possible consequences of his actions.

quote:
Donald Trump abandoned the Iran nuclear deal as an act of ‘diplomatic vandalism’ to spite his predecessor Barack Obama, Britain’s Ambassador to Washington wrote in a bombshell memo to Downing Street.

Sir Kim Darroch’s claim – made after Boris Johnson made a doomed trip to the White House to change the President’s mind – is revealed in leaked cables and briefing notes which led to Sir Kim’s resignation last week.

quote:
Sir Kim’s Iran memo was sent in May 2018, after Mr Johnson – who was then Foreign Secretary – had been dispatched to Washington to make a last ditch plea to President Trump not to abandon the nuclear deal with Iran designed to prevent the regime from building an atomic bomb.

Despite a frantic 26 hours of meetings with Trump’s closest advisers, it became clear that the President was not going to change his mind.

After Mr Johnson returned to London, Sir Kim told No 10 in a ‘diptel’ (diplomatic telegram) that Mr Trump’s Administration was ‘set upon an act of diplomatic vandalism’. The Ambassador wrote that Mr Trump appeared to be abandoning the deal for ‘personality reasons’ because it had been agreed by his predecessor Barack Obama.

Sir Kim suggested there were splits among the President’s closest advisers and said the White House lacked a ‘day-after’ strategy on what to do following withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, as the deal was called.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-48978484

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It isn’t just that he’s incapable of seeing the consequences. It’s that the consequences are irrelevant to him.

There’s what he wants and what’s good for him. Nothing else matters. Well, he does defer to his daughter and sons in minor ways. But that’s it.

The world’s foremost narcissist.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The journalist who got the cables. But not who he got them from.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...-man-Washington.html

Bazootiehead-in-training