well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Put in an offer on this house
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put in an offer on this house
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Markets are super odd, and very local. The strangest thing I've seen is real estate in Brisbane, Australia. To purchase something, they often don't even list a price, because everything ultimately goes to the highest offer. You need a realtor to even give you a ballpark of what offers are likely to be. In other words, virtually every place is going to have a bidding war. I've seen things like "entertaining offers starting at...." which I assume is intended to weed out the lowballs from the beginning.

Another oddity: you rent by the week, even if/when you sign a year-long lease. You pay every week. It's bizarre. Some places won't let you pay ahead even if you wanted to.

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You pay every week.

Wow, that sounds like quite the pain in the rear. I wonder how it ended up that way, and if anyone ever wants to change it.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post