well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Put in an offer on this house
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put in an offer on this house
 Login/Join

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
good luck - hope your dream comes true.

Posts: 9592 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
But I might just cover it in Delph tiles.

I checked your weather forecast and a Swedish tile stove looks like just the thing! They take a while to warm up, but once they do you get lots of heat for several days.

That's beautiful!

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Frowner Frowner

We got word this afternoon. They got ten offers. Two "stood out" far beyond the rest. Ours was not among them.

I can't even imagine... we offered $50k over asking. Our agent says she can tell us what it sold for when it closes.

I am so disappointed. And a bit scared. Are we never going to be able to move home?

On the plus side, I can return my full attention to my work, and we don't have to move.

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Frowner
I wish you better luck next time.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12675 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh, I'm sorry!!

Well, now you don't have to worry about everything about it that you would have wanted to change. Still, I know it's super disappointing!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Bummer.

On the bright side, perhaps not best to buy on the upswing of what might be a local bubble.

Posts: 12474 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Bummer.

On the bright side, perhaps not best to buy on the upswing of what might be a local bubble.

Not in Missoula. Not in that location in Missoula. In three years that will be a million dollar home.

I don't think this is going away. The pandemic will hopefully end, but people being able to work remotely won't. And if you can live anywhere, this is where a lot of people want to live.

It used to be the lack of jobs here kept people away. That's no longer a factor.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frowner Frowner

We got word this afternoon. They got ten offers. Two "stood out" far beyond the rest. Ours was not among them.

I can't even imagine... we offered $50k over asking. Our agent says she can tell us what it sold for when it closes.

Well that's a shame. I'm sorry to hear it.

I will say that our 10% overbid on the units was also rejected initially, but they came back to us when the first deal fell through. Shades of the 70’s, the place didn’t appraise high enough for the low down payment buyer to get a loan.

You never know - the deal may come back to you.

I hope it does!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34796 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
As an aside, I find it interesting how many people don’t like open floor plans. My parents were like that in 1962.

My Dad spent his evenings reading and didn’t want to hear the TV, so it was located in a bedroom we called the den. The kids toys were in there too.

My Mom really didn’t want help in the kitchen and didn’t want to see the dishes while eating dinner. Their kitchen closed off with a pocket door.

Everything comes around.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34796 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
As an aside, I find it interesting how many people don’t like open floor plans. My parents were like that in 1962.

My Dad spent his evenings reading and didn’t want to hear the TV, so it was located in a bedroom we called the den. The kids toys were in there too.

My Mom really didn’t want help in the kitchen and didn’t want to see the dishes while eating dinner. Their kitchen closed off with a pocket door.

Everything comes around.

I grew up in an old house with nooks and crannies. I'm not comfortable in open concept. I feel exposed and its too noisy. I hope this fad goes away soon. I like hiding in a nook with a book.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Frowner Frowner

Well that's a shame. I'm sorry to hear it.

I will say that our 10% overbid on the units was also rejected initially, but they came back to us when the first deal fell through. Shades of the 70’s, the place didn’t appraise high enough for the low down payment buyer to get a loan.

You never know - the deal may come back to you.

I hope it does!

Thanks. I am going to underscore to our agent that we want to stay in the running. ,I am more disappointed and upset than I thought I would be. We did another house search. Prices are escalating even faster than last summer and EVERYTHING is under contract!

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
So sorry, Pique. It's a real punch in the gut when we get what we are sure is a glimpse of perfection, and it's snatched away.

Frowner

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
How did I miss this thread?

I also think it is a lovely house. Sorry for the setback.

FWIW, we lost in the initial round when buying the Brooklyn place but the first buyer fell through.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frowner Frowner

That was our experience in San Francisco in the mid-90s ... bidding $50K over asking and coming in fourth.

We got lucky eventually, because we were living in a small rental building that got sold, and the buyer wanted to take it condo ... but to do that, one of the owners had to have lived in the unit for three years. So he had to sell our unit to us, or he could never go condo (his wife wouldn't let him move in). So he needed us.

Posts: 45719 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post