well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Put in an offer on this house
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Put in an offer on this house
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
No room for horses?

yes it is zoned for horses. already has a bear-proof electric fence (there are grizzlies in the area). we will put a track around the rear garden and orchard, and put up a run-in shed. we plan to board them in the winter at a friend's place with an indoor arena, so we only need to store enough hay for 6 mos.

So am I looking at the right house? (This one says .84 acres) But wow what a gorgeous area - and if you are boarding in the winter, that’s perfect. Nice that there are trails right there.

yes. it is under an acre. which gave me pause. but i believe there is enough room to put in a Paddock Paradise track, which should make the limited size of the property irrelevant. Not to mention that they are going to get plenty of daily exercise on those trails out the door.

Jodi, I can ride to the top of Mount Jumbo from here, all on trails. (the hike we all went on together when you guys came to town.)

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21305 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
Wonderful, pique!
If it weren't for the (easily remedied) blue fireplace, I'd say it's perfect and even without knowing the area I can see the beauty of the location.

Wishing you all the luck in the world!

thanks, amanda. there are a few things i dislike about the house. i don't think the house itself is nearly as accommodating as the one we live in now. the stairs, for starters. i hate split entries. and it definitely needs a REAL bathtub. and who will claim which room for their office is always a fun discussion.

if we get it, i'm thinking i'll claim the master bedroom to work in and mr pique can have the downstairs den with the stone fireplace. then we have to sleep and exercise in the two much smaller downstairs bedrooms. not ideal.

i also dislike open concept. i would likely put up a wall between the kitchen and the living room. gives me another option for placement of the piano.

there is also no door from the garage into the house. there had been a walk out door from the lower level to the back yard, but they built the deck right over top of it, so maybe the dog could use it, but we are too tall. it also doesn't have a nice big mudroom/laundry adjacent to an exit like we have here.

but we'll deal with it. we could always cut an entrance from the garage and put in a mudroom. and move the laundry elsewhere.

that's the good part, is that either way it goes, we'll be fine. if they accept our offer, we get to live in this dream location, which i intend to be for as much of the rest of my life as possible.

and if they don't--we've been very happy right where we are with five partially wooded acres and a big barn.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I don’t mind the house at all. You will be able to make it nice, and that setting is fabulous.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20415 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t mind the house at all. You will be able to make it nice, and that setting is fabulous.

Would love if you could give me some pointers if we do get it! I'll set up a guest pen for Ruler.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like the house very much and can’t see a reason to change a thing. I especially like how much work has already been done.

The deck alone. Fantastic! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Fantastic setting. The rooms look quite spacious and airy, looks like good light. Needs nothing that I can see, at least not for the time being.

Good luck!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Also, I like the blue fireplace. I think that house that Steve didn't buy (the one with blue walls) kinda changed my mind about using blue in interior decorating.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Also, I like the blue fireplace. I think that house that Steve didn't buy (the one with blue walls) kinda changed my mind about using blue in interior decorating.

My house in Missouri is stained blue. It is known as "The blue house on the way to the river." Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
My house in Missouri is stained blue

Do you mean the outside of the house? I never disliked blue on the outside, the house I'm referring to is one Steve considered where the inside walls were painted blue, IIRC almost the entire interior.

Posts: 18329 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Steve's house had blue walls in the living and dining space, but there were a lot of windows and a huge stone fireplace. It was also open to a beige neutral kitchen with wood cabinets.

There were a couple of bedrooms that were paler blue/green colors, as was at least one bath and the laundry room.

Can you tell I loved that house? WhoMe

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37793 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I don't mind the blue fireplace either. We have a blue Chinese rug that would look perfect aand a blue leather recliner. But I might just cover it in Delph tiles.

I want to put walls to the ceiling in the LR, carpet it, put in french doors to the DR, and build in bookcases, cabinets and a window seat. And crown molding. Will create a much better environment for the piano--can climate control. And then we can watch TV TV! without it being heard throughout the house. Hate the sound of the tv!

Also put in a door between the garage and the kitchen so we can bring groceries in from the car.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want to put walls to the ceiling in the LR, carpet it, put in french doors to the DR, and build in bookcases, cabinets and a window seat. And crown molding. Will create a much better environment for the piano--can climate control. And then we can watch TV TV! without it being heard throughout the house. Hate the sound of the tv!

Also put in a door between the garage and the kitchen so we can bring groceries in from the car.

Sounds pretty straightforward to me. ThumbsUp

I'm surprised you want to carpet - I seem to remember that you don't care for it. Perhaps the sound control makes it worthwhile?

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:

When we were house hunting, there were so many houses that had open floor plans, it drove me nuts! I sometimes considered whether we could add a wall, but the logistics of it (and uncertainty about the finances of it) were off-putting and made it seem a little overwhelming. We also visited a development where the houses were in-progress or build to order (if that's the right word) and we talked to the development manager about the logistics of adding a wall etc., but among other problems, there weren't enough windows and the living space would have been pretty dark, so that was an additional concern (not to mention that in the development, any time you diverged from the plan too much, it made things waaay more expensive).

You have a lot more resources than we did, though, so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I might just cover it in Delph tiles.

I checked your weather forecast and a Swedish tile stove looks like just the thing! They take a while to warm up, but once they do you get lots of heat for several days.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Great setting, and ready to move in! When do you find out if your offer is accepted?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9789 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post