well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    John Boehner's thoughts on Ted Cruz

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

John Boehner's thoughts on Ted Cruz
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
Too funny....

But nsfw

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Frick.... There's a cussword in the url and I guess this site is censoring it which is making the link not work.

I will post the link and hopefully you can copy and paste and type in the cuss word properly LOL.

www.motherjones.com/mojo-wire/...uz-go-****-yourself/

Posts: 4390 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

He does sound like he's had a glass of wine or two....

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
He usually does.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but he's right in this case. Big Grin

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Blind pig, stopped clock, etc.

I don’t have a real high opinion if the guy.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34851 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Long ago, before he was a GOP bigwig, Boehner co-authored a report titled "The College Cost Crisis," which was full of misinterpreted and often made up facts.

As Stanley Fish said in his review of my first book ...

quote:

What Boehner and McKeon offer is the “dysfunctionality narrative,” and every once in a while Archibald and Feldman put up a quotation from their report to use as a piñata.

Piñata indeed! Big Grin

On the Senate side, some very serious people were working on the issues ... Tom Harkin, Lamar Alexander, Patty Murray. And then there were these clowns in the House grandstanding for effect.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Boehner served as speaker of the United States House of Representatives for nearly five years (January 2011-October 2015), and represented the Eighth Congressional District of Ohio from 1991 to 2015. He now serves as senior strategic adviser for Squire Patton Boggs LLP. This essay is adapted from his book ON THE HOUSE, to be published by St. Martin’s Press on April 13, 2021.

https://www.politico.com/news/...emoir-excerpt-478506

I put my hold on the book at my library. Looking forward to reading it.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37794 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He talks about the presidents he's known.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-de...on-trump/7113484002/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My favorite story was on Twitter, verified by the reporter in question. I can't find it, so I will paraphrase.

He came off the floor after losing a vote one day, badly wanting a cigarette. A reporter known for tough questioning made a beeline for him, and asked him a curveball. So he went off on her. After using some colorful language, he realized, to his chagrin, that she was pregnant.

He apologized then, and every time he saw her for a year afterward. He said he wound up treating her more nicely than any other reporter he knew.

His point: he remembers screaming at her, and he remembers how he felt about it. He has no recollection at all of the substance of the bill that was voted on that day and that put him in a bad mood. He said, years later, you remember the people, not the substance.

I can respect that.

Posts: 45725 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Started listening to the audiobook version. Some amusing anecdotes and astute observations.

Read by the author and he sounds like he's a couple of sheets to the wind; I think hearing him read it adds to the experience.....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I finished listening to Boehner's book. Really enjoyed it. He's very open and frank in his assessments of various people on both sides of the aisle.

His stories about what he calls the Crazy Caucus were hysterical, as was his recounting of the time that Mark Meadows noisily opposed him on some issue early on in Meadows' career. After Boehner prevailed/Meadows' side lost, Meadows came to Boehner's office and literally fell to his knees, begging forgiveness for his transgression. Boehner's telling of the story is great and I LOLed as I listened to it.

The audiobook is the way to go....

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25677 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post