Notify
Tools

Falwell
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
In a claim likely to intensify the controversy surrounding one of the most influential figures in the American Christian conservative movement, a business partner of Jerry Falwell Jr has come forward to say he had a years-long sexual relationship involving Falwell’s wife and the evangelical leader.

Giancarlo Granda says he was 20 when he met Jerry and Becki Falwell while working as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in March 2012. Starting that month and continuing into 2018, Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on.

Granda showed Reuters emails, text messages and other evidence that he says demonstrate the sexual nature of his relationship with the couple, who have been married since 1987. “Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent – “multiple times per year” – and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

His friendship with the Falwells eventually soured, Granda told Reuters, in part because he wanted to dissolve his ties with the couple and fell into a business dispute with them.

https://www.reuters.com/invest...alwell-relationship/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Falwell announced that he is leaving Liberty U in order to spend more time watching his family.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Falwell announced that he is leaving Liberty U in order to spend more time watching his family.

Oh, ouch ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on.

Hadn't heard that part.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Steve, ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18438 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
“The board put me on leave, took away my duties as prez, and that’s not permitted by my contract,” Mr. Falwell said Monday night. “And they put me on leave because of pressure from self-righteous people.“

Self-righteous people. He said that.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: First Lady Melania Trump has filed paper work to adopt Jerry Falwell’s pool boy.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Trump will have Jerry Falwell, Jr. campaign for him in swing districts.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
“The board put me on leave, took away my duties as prez, and that’s not permitted by my contract,” Mr. Falwell said Monday night. “And they put me on leave because of pressure from self-righteous people.“

Self-righteous people. He said that.

HairRaising

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34922 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I understand that Falwell is in the lineup to speak at the RNC. That should be a hoot.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He’s no longer going to speak, just sit in a corner and watch.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
NYT seems to indicate he wasn't invited.

quote:
Jerry Falwell Jr. played a major role at the Republican National Convention four years ago, serving as a critical bridge between conservative evangelical voters and a Republican nominee who was thrice divorced, enamored of expletive, iffy on biblical verse, and a one-time Democrat who had proudly declared himself “pro-choice in every respect” before changing positions and parties.

“My family has grown to love and respect the Trumps,” Mr. Falwell, then the president of Liberty University, said in a seven-minute speech before a packed convention hall in Cleveland. “We have never met such a genuine and loving family. I truly believe Mr. Trump is America’s blue-collar billionaire.”

A return speaking role seemed inevitable after Mr. Falwell hosted the president for the university’s commencement in 2017, and the earliest discussions of the 2020 convention lineup did, indeed, include him, according to a Trump campaign official.

But convention planners quietly ruled him out late last year, amid concerns about Mr. Falwell’s private life — long before Monday’s blockbuster report by Reuters alleging a long-term romantic entanglement between himself, his wife and pool attendant, according to three people familiar with the situation.

As of late Monday, Mr. Falwell was on his way out as president of Liberty University, which he had taken a leave of absence from earlier after posting a suggestive picture of himself on social media.

Like many other one-time fixtures in Mr. Trump’s political orbit, Mr. Falwell has been shunted to the margins when he became a liability, in part because the president does not need anyone’s help in securing support from white evangelicals, who are now among his most faithful voters.

But Mr. Falwell and the president were once very close — close enough for Mr. Falwell to ask Mr. Trump’s now-estranged personal lawyer Michael Cohen to suppress “personal” photographs “between husband and wife,” according to a taped conversation between the two.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...ican-convention.html

/aside

quote:
Mr. Falwell’s 2016 speech, viewed in light of subsequent events, seems like a snapshot from a different era — and even his predictions about Mr. Trump’s presidency-to-be now seem dated.

Mr. Trump would work his “magic” on “$19 trillion in debt,” he said.

It now stands at roughly $26 trillion.

Magic indeed.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37878 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
What's even more curious is that Falwell was an ardent supporter of Ted Cruz. Then suddenly he became an I-1 fanboi, giving I-1 (twice divorced, serial adulterer, and religious illiterate) an "in" with the evangelical Christians. I wonder what the "deal" was there.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
What's even more curious is that Falwell was an ardent supporter of Ted Cruz. Then suddenly he became an I-1 fanboi, giving I-1 (twice divorced, serial adulterer, and religious illiterate) an "in" with the evangelical Christians. I wonder what the "deal" was there.

Don't know about Falwell, but Billy Graham's son explains his about face vis a vis Trump as an example of Christian forgiveness [as if Trump ever expressed remorse about anything). People's ability to change ("If He can forgive Trump who am I to judge?")

Many who support Trump make a big hoo-hah about Trump's being G-d's annointed, etc., comparing him to such Biblical heros like King David (remember Baatsheva, et al?). Instrument of G-d*.

They AND non-religious cohort make huge deal about the importance of separating the man from his accomplishments (yes, they use that word.)

I guess if you oppose women's reproductive rights it doesn't matter if you destroy the planet and its inhabitants (not neccesssarily in that order) and other great doings.

*Not counting here the ones who actually think he IS G-d. (They exist. See I DO get out of my echo chamber sometimes!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post