well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Republicans voting for Biden-Harris
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Republicans voting for Biden-Harris
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Conservative commentator Margaret Hoover.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...ll-quite-likely-vote

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Former Michigan governor Rick Snyder: I am a Republican vote for Biden

Donald Trump is a bully who lacks a moral compass. Joe Biden would bring back civility.

Forty-four years ago, I celebrated my 18th birthday at the 1976 Republican National Convention as part of Gerald Ford’s national youth group. At that convention, I had the honor to watch two great leaders in action — Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan. I have remained a lifelong Republican and proudly announced Michigan’s support for Mitt Romney in 2012 from the front row of the Republican convention in Tampa.

I will continue to support and stand up for Republican policies and values, and support Republican candidates, but I will not support Donald Trump for reelection.

It's worth reading the whole piece:

https://www.usatoday.com/story...n-column/5696508002/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37683 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cindy McCain.

quote:
Cindy McCain endorsed Democratic nominee Joe Biden for president on Tuesday.

“My husband John lived by a code: country first,” McCain tweeted. “We are Republicans, yes, but Americans foremost. There’s only one candidate in this race who stands up for our values as a nation, and that is @JoeBiden.”

https://www.politico.com/news/...rse-joe-biden-420099

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Tom Ridge

https://www.inquirer.com/opini...0-vote-20200927.html

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
A group of former U.S. attorneys appointed by Republican presidents are endorsing Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden, citing what they described as politicization of the Justice Department under President Donald Trump.

"The president has clearly conveyed that he expects his Justice Department appointees and prosecutors to serve his personal and political interests in the handling of certain cases – such as the investigations into foreign election interference and the prosecution of his political associates – and has taken action against those who have stood up for the interests of justice," according to a statement from 20 U.S. attorneys who were appointed by Republican presidents, including George W. Bush, George H.W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Gerald Ford, Richard Nixon and Dwight Eisenhower.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...h-reagan/6052102002/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Meant to post the letter from the US attorneys.

https://www.washingtonpost.com...8-a560-b2359d9b2b83/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Has few things to say about the voting process.

https://www.newsweek.com/im-re...rump-opinion-1542625

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12480 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Jessica Denson, former Trump campaign staffer for Hispanic outreach, speaks out in support of Biden.

She is also saying that Trump's whole campaign is a lie and just a branding exercise for him.

She's on Jake Tapper's show right now....when there's a story posted somewhere online I'll post it here...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why this conservative voted for Biden and you should too: Trump is a morally defective man
I'm a conservative and former Republican who did not vote based on policy. Neither should you. The 2020 election is about the moral future of America.

At the end of every campaign, advocates of a candidate (like me) make a final list of all the issues and policies that we think should matter to other voters, and why our guy is better on them.

I don’t have that list.

Don’t get me wrong: As a conservative and former Republican who has already voted for former Vice President Joe Biden, I could create an entire inventory of issues, even without the lightning strike of the pandemic, where I think Biden is a better pick for president than another four years of President Donald Trump. From budget deficits to nuclear arms control, I could easily make the case for Biden, even if I might concede that I would prefer a few of Trump’s policies (such as cutting government regulations and increasing defense spending) over any Democratic administration.

But I did not vote in this election based on policy. Neither should you. The election of 2020 is about the moral future of the American nation, and so I voted for a good man with whom I have some political disagreements over an evil man with whom I share not a single value as a human being. Trump is the most morally defective human being ever to hold the office of the presidency, worse by every measure than any of the rascals, satyrs or racists who have sat in the Oval Office. This is vastly more important than marginal tax rates or federal judges.

the rest of the opinion is well worth reading.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...e-column/6069337002/

Bazootiehead-in-training