well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vrbo or AirBnB's You have stayed in
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vrbo or AirBnB's You have stayed in
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Monterey, CA. Sharon got me a day of motorcycle road racing lessons for my birthday and the AirBnB was close to Laguna Seca racetrack.

I honestly don’t recall the accommodations but I do recall that they served breakfast. One of our breakfast companions turned to be the superintendent of schools for the Fresno school district. This was right at the time about 500 Hmong families had been airlifted out of Cambodia and settled in to already beleaguered Fresno.

Fascinating guy and fascinating stories. He’s told us that the biggest problem he faced was teaching them all English, and they all wanted that right away! The Hispanics in Fresno never seemed real interested in English but the Hmong did and he predicted that they would settle in very nicely.

Which they did.

5 stars!

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
Speaking of VRBOs, I woke up in this one today:

https://www.vrbo.com/2474112

Spent the week in Asheville NC. It was lovely and relaxing.

A bit sterile for my taste but very nice!

Posts: 34852 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
True, the interior is ho-humm but the views were great.

What did you think of the Rio VRBO?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

What did you think of the Rio VRBO?

How did I miss it! It’s spectacular! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Our last two nights last week were spent in a lodge run by a couple who are pretty old school, facinating story tellers and fantastic cooks.

I don't think they are on AirBnb or other sites. There is no cell service there and the wifi is really slow. Big Grin

They live in the lodge amongst their guests. It was wonderful.

Allenspark Lodge

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

Allenspark Lodge

Sounds just wonderful, BL, but I wish they had described their breakfasts purely for vicarious enjoyment. Yummy

One confusion, doubtless due to my unfamiliarity with terminology - when a room is listed as "double occupancy" does that mean the listed price is for both persons together, or that each pays the price?
Confused

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Stayed in a VRBO in Scottsdale, AZ a couple of years ago. It was fine. About all we could get during "cactus league" season.

We can't rent out our place in Santa Fe that way since our HOA requires 30 day minimum rentals.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
It was fine. About all we could get during "cactus league" season.

Cactus League games were mostly cancelled this year. We had several cancellations. ☹️

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this was right before COVID began to spread like wildfire.

Posts: 12513 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post