well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Blast from the past

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blast from the past
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We've been casually keeping an eye out for ranch homes in our area. We're not interested in this one, but I thought it was kind of a remarkable relic, all the way down to the kitchen table and the console stereo...edit: and the bathroom sink....

https://www.realtor.com/reales...L_60004_M70293-94183

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

But that furniture !

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I love it!

(Well, not the furniture. Smiler )

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the furniture in the living room has to go. The rest of the house? I'll take it!

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Think the glass panels in the baths are original or an addition?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37880 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
OMG!

You should get all dressed up in corduroy bell bottoms and plaid, super wide belt, and go for a showing! ROTFLMAO

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Glass looks original.

Sink looks to be period correct but probably is not original. The original likely matched the tub.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what happened in the bath with the green fixtures. They all look period but they're three different greens. Maybe they re-glazed the tub but didn't get the color quite right?

The sink in the other bathroom is the same style as the green one. I've never seen a sink deck that tilts forward like that.

That makes me think both sinks are original.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
OMG!

You should get all dressed up in corduroy bell bottoms and plaid, super wide belt, and go for a showing! ROTFLMAO

I think I might have to go farther back than that.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
A blast from the 60's with a touch of 80's updates.

All that is missing from my childhood memories of neighbor's houses like this is custom plastic covers on the living room furniture! Big Grin

But all kidding aside, ranches are the new thang..finding a good one is hard to do on the East coast. They are the perfect house for the more..ahem..mature buyer with one floor living.

This one is right around the corner from me and sold in a day.

Mansur

The house to it's other corner was a perfect Mid-Century mod example. The sellers were the original owners. It sold 2 years ago and the lawyer that bought it has redone the entire exterior, taking off most of it's mod goodness. Frowner

Mansur2

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like both of those houses! ThumbsUp

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I will take a photo of what Mansur2 has become..nice but not so mod.....best features are gone.. Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Me too!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
They knocked $20K off the price of the MCM house eight days after it went up for sale.

It's under contract.

Bazootiehead-in-training